Event Production Professional
The Event Production Professional provides event-related services for events scheduled through the University Center and Event Services (UCES). These services include operating and supporting use of audiovisual equipment, coordinating setup and striking of furniture and audiovisual equipment for events, supervision of Event Production student staff, and assisting the Program Manager for Event Production with other related tasks.
This position works closely and collaboratively with UCES staff to ensure high quality event production for all clients. The Event Production Professional is expected to maintain strong, positive relationships with all client departments, student organization, or conference related groups. In addition, they will work collaboratively with UCES partner offices including UCCS Presents and the Ent Center, Facilities Management, Dining and Hospitality Services, Student Activities, Disability Services, UCCS Visual and Performing Arts department, the Gallery of Contemporary Art, THEATREWORKS, and the Department of Public Safety.
- Provide on-site technical expertise, support, and service for the many lectures, meetings, banquets, public announcements, conferences, and performances that take place across campus in various venues.
- Perform troubleshooting to resolve audiovisual-related issues before, during, and after events.
- Update maintenance schedules and perform maintenance on audiovisual equipment.
- Work with clients and Event Coordinators to design and implement audio and video solutions for events and obtain event technical requirements well in advance of events.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate performance of student staff.
- Oversees scheduling and appropriate staffing for event setups and strikes.
- Maintain on-call custodial schedule, staffed by Event Production Setup Crew, and ensure fulfillment of the duties.
- Manage mobile and static UCES-supported furniture inventory and ensure all event tables and chairs, as well as other pieces of furniture, are accounted for and stored in the proper locations.
- Coordinate all use, maintenance, and training related to Event Services vehicles.
- Participates on various UCES department work teams and represents UCES on campus wide committees.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 pounds and perform physical work involving general tasks including hauling, lifting, and moving equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of implementation, support, setup, and troubleshooting all types of audiovisual, computer, and other event support related equipment. This includes data projectors, sound systems including large multi-channel mixer boards, wireless and standard microphones, etc.
- Knowledge of computer operating systems for PC and Mac computers and basic presentation software such as Power Point and Keynote.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal capacity with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Can demonstrate patience and focus in stressful situations.
- Ability to work successfully with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, organize time effectively, and prioritize multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to act independently and exercise appropriate judgement.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be non-exempt from (eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Salary Range: $32,000 - $38,000
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited university in any field.
- One (1) year experience in audiovisual design, setup, operation, support, and troubleshooting.
- Current and valid Colorado drivre's license, without restrictions, or ability to obtain a valid Colorado driver's license without restrictions within 30 days of hire.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in audiovisual design, setup, operation, support, and troubleshooting.
- Experience working in a university student-focused environment.
- Experience with student supervision.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by February 16, 2018 will receive full consideration. For temporaries, always "This position is open until filled". • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or [email protected] Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40131 - VCSS-AUX-UC Event Services
Posting Date: Feb 2, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sabrina Wienholtz
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00415305