Audio Visual Technician 1%
The CU Boulder Athletics department is now accepting applications for an Audio Visual Technician. This position provides professional audio visual support of all types of events and conference-related services in and outside of Athletics Facilities. The Audio Visual Technician determines the needs of the users, interprets acceptable audio/visual standards and practices and provides direction and guidance to users. The position is responsible for maintenance of AV/PA and other equipment. They will work with the Athletics Special Event Managers to ensure funds budgeted for audio equipment are utilized, as well as, makes the best use of existing equipment whenever possible. They will also work with set-up crews and lends support when needed and time allows.
Who we are:
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)-and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region-our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff and students work with the broader community to establish unique connections that have lasting outcomes-both across Colorado and around the world.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Audio Visual Guidance, Direction and Consultation
- Provide clients and events staff with audio visual guidance, direction and consultation for the events (lectures, meetings, weddings, banquets, conferences, etc.) held within the Athletics Events venues.
- Ensure superior customer service leading up to, during and after the event.
- Upon receiving audio visual details for the event, make changes and set up for the event accordingly.
- Ensure that the client has an in-depth understanding of the services they will be receiving and any extra charges that will occur if changes are made.
- Transport, assemble and set-up of a/v equipment used in all athletic event venues, as directed, in a timely manner and to the customer's needs and satisfaction.
- Look ahead in campus scheduling software and work directly with Folsom Field Events Operations Coordinator to properly prepare rooms prior to the event.
- Staff and execute events assigned.
- Ensure the overall success of the event and work closely with events staff on other duties as assigned to produce a product with complete customer satisfaction.
Test, Maintain and Replace all A/V Inventory
- Test, maintain and replace all audio visual inventory.
- Keep detailed storage outline of inventory and provide guidance on a/v purchases and maintenance to Lead Audio/Visual Specialist.
- Have a detailed knowledge of all sound systems, lighting systems and access doors for athletic event venues.
- Troubleshoot a/v challenges on an event by event basis and work collaboratively with outside vendors and partners when necessary.
- Keep clients updated on additional costs and needs associated with outside vendors.
What you should know:
- This is a 1% on call position.
What we can offer:
The hourly rate for this position is $18.00.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be resourceful. Be proactive. Be creative. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- One year of experience in the operation and maintenance of audio-visual media equipment.
- One year of education or training at a recognized, non-correspondence technical school or an accredited college which included eight semester hours of training in audio-visual media equipment maintenance or service, audio-visual media equipment operation, or general audio-visual production course work may be substituted for the require general experience.
- Willing to work outside normal business hours, including nights and weekends.
What you will need:
- Excellent customer service skills and be able to work under pressure at times.
What we'd like you to have:
- Two-year degree or certification in an audio-visual technical program or related field.
- Two years of experience.
- Experience working in a University setting.
- Experience with A/V integration and control programming.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by March 19, 2018.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at [email protected]. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-12668.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10018 - Athletics-Business Affairs
Posting Date: Feb 26, 2018
Closing Date: Mar 19, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00736844