Sr. PeopleSoft Finance Systems Analyst
The Office of University Controller (OUC) manages the university's system of record - the Financial System - and its interfaces with purchasing, accounts payable, travel expense, human capital management, financial reporting and other subsystems. The office works closely with the campus controllers, the state controller and the state auditor's office to ensure that fiscal practices comply with external/internal rules and regulations and generally accepted accounting principles; prepares the university's tax filings; manages payroll/benefit accounting functions; and oversees the certification of effort reporting on sponsored research. The office communicates fiscal policies and procedures to the university community through blogs, website and training programs, and provides one-on-one assistance through the Finance and Procurement Help Desk. The OUC also administers a continuing professional education program and the CU Innovation and Efficiency Awards employee recognition program.
The Senior PeopleSoft Finance Systems Analyst will work with a team of analysts that are responsible for providing first and second line support to all of the business users of the PeopleSoft 9.2 Financials suite including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, Billing, Accounts Receivable, and Asset Management; as well as subsystems interfaces including PeopleSoft HRMS, PeopleSoft Enterprise Campus Solutions, Concur Travel and Expense, and Jaggaer e-Procurement. The Senior PeopleSoft Finance Systems Analyst will also serve as a campus liaison between University Information Systems and campuses to support business operations, satisfy inquiries, resolve issues, and support the application. This position reports to the Director of Financial and Reporting Systems and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Manage user support requests using appropriate systems and processes and ensure timely resolution, tracking, and monitoring.
- Provide first line (level 1) support for PeopleSoft Financials applications, including logging, triaging, conducting initial diagnosis, and first line resolution
- Where feasible, provide level 2 support, investigation, and resolution
- Identify recurring issues, conduct root cause analyses, and provide metrics as required.
- Partner with Finance and IT personnel to support business operations to satisfy inquiries, resolve issues, and support applications.
- Modify or develop new PeopleSoft Queries or SQL queries
- Help all business users achieve maximum utilization of the PeopleSoft system capabilities to achieve process improvements, identifying and communication opportunities for automation.
- Produce necessary system, process, and testing documentation.
- Support PeopleSoft financial system upgrade and patch initiatives.
- Design and configure new features in the PeopleSoft 9.2 upgrade release to maximize capabilities of work centers and portals.
- Provide user support and prepare technical and functional system documentation as needed.
- Undertake project based duties in the IT system implementation lifecycle such as analysis and testing.
- Create functional requirements as an input to application design.
- Assist with subsystem accounting and reconciliation with reporting.
- Assist with General Ledger month-end closings, year-end closings, allocation processing, and overall trouble-shooting.
- Foster teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Ensures project integration by communicating activities to supervisors appropriate project team members, and business users.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To be successful in this position a candidate will need the following:
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications and organization skills, including with both business users and technical staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure, to manage concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to complete thorough and accurate research and appropriately apply to projects assigned
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and project management skills
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: Salary is competitive and commensurate with skills and experience.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Vision, Life and Wellness
- Retirement: 10% Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Benefit
- ECO Pass
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in IT, Accounting, or Finance (education requirement may be substituted by professional experience).
- Five (5) years of experience in a PeopleSoft production support, business, or systems analyst role which must include:
- Experience in three (3) or more of the following PeopleSoft Finance 9.x modules:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Asset Management
- Project Costing
- Three (3) years of expertise in PeopleSoft 9.x General Ledger.
- Two (2) years of previous experience utilizing SQL and PeopleSoft Query.
- Three (3) years of experience using Application Designer for troubleshooting, tracing data tables created from transactions, and writing.
- Experience writing HTML reports.
- Experience developing effective testing scripts.
- Two (2) years of experience with project management.
- Experience with PeopleSoft nVision.
- Prior work experience in the State of Colorado, college or university, or oversight agency.
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by February 20, 2018. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and references to your application as three separate documents. Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter. Also, ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next to each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50027 - University Controller
Posting Date: Feb 8, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kris Truesdale
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00505380