Asst. Director of Recruitment
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Business School- Global Energy Management Program
Assistant Director of Recruitment
Position # 690641 - Requisition 12598
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Global Energy Management Program in the Business School at the University of Colorado Denver has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Assistant Director of Recruitment position.
The University of Colorado Denver is a public research university serving more than 14,000 students. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges. In the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers-CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Located in the heart of downtown, CU Denver provides a vibrant, urban research university experience, with academic programs ranging from the liberal arts and sciences to global energy management, music industry studies and criminal justice among eight schools and colleges. The classroom extends into the city as students study, network and build careers in the surrounding business district. CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness and driven students-all in the lively setting of downtown Denver. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.
Assistant Directors have responsibility for projects, functions or processes within a department. These positions may recommend strategy and provide professional support to Directors and may have the authority to act on the Director's behalf. Assistant Directors typically supervise other staff but do not generally control the allocation of fiscal or human resources.
Nature of Work
The Assistant Director of Recruitment is responsible for the development and execution of recruiting and enrollment initiatives to increase new inquiries and convert inquiries to qualified applications in order for the GEM Program to reach its enrollment and revenue goals. This full-time position will be an integral and contributing member of the GEM team and will provide admissions counseling and strategic enrollment management services to graduate students applying to the GEM Program. The individual in this position will be the first point of contact for all GEM prospective students. The Assistant Director will be responsible for participating in, coordinating and managing all recruitment events. Including coordinating with marketing and creating new leads. This person will collaborate and strategize with program leadership on suggested events. They will also be responsible for tracking and following up with all new leads.
This position reports directly to the Director of the GEM program.
Examples of Work Performed
- Develop and execute recruitment plan and coordinate marketing with GEM and the Business School marketing department
- Communicate with prospective students via call campaigns and emails regarding the Program.
- Build and manage mature, active pipeline of leads
- Utilize database tools to effectively track each interaction and progress of all assigned leads.
- Actively participate in weekly meetings, being prepared to discuss performance data, prospective applicant concerns, and creative solutions to enhance enrollment numbers
- Develop effective yield activities for admitted students
- Serve as an articulate spokesperson for the GEM Program at conferences and industry events
- Monitor application process to ensure effective communication in tandem with application deadlines.
- Effectively communicate industry trends, quality of leads, and program updates for appropriate cross-functional and departmental team members.
- Create, develop and deliver multiple webinars a year
- Research, coordinate and deliver multiple lunch and learns at companies
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all students with phone call and emails
- Utilize advanced and innovate recruitment technologies and techniques in recruitment strategy (CRM system) and data analytics
- Develop and execute new strategies to drive in leads and conversion
- Develop relationships with alumni and current students to help with recruitment activities
- Researches and maintains an annual competitive analysis
- Night and weekend work is required. Out of state travel is also required, approximately 15% of the time.
- Other duties as assigned.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $50,156 to $ 68,00 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Minimum of three years of experience in student, staff or customer recruitment or postsecondary student affairs.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field from a regionally accredited college or university
- Master's degree in a related field from a regionally accredited college or university
- Five years of experience recruiting graduate students, preferably in a self-sustaining program at a regionally accredited college or university
- Experience is assisting with the development of marketing materials and tracking leads
- Experience with data analytics
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- This person must demonstrate, at all times, a high degree of professionalism especially when working with all GEM stakeholders.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals with a minimum of supervision.
- Proven track record of meeting enrollment goals and converting students from inquiry to matriculated student
- Experience in developing recruitment and enrollment strategies
- Demonstrated ability to seamlessly interact with faculty, alumni, high-level professionals, executives and university officials
- Proficiency in MS Office and similar Mac computer programs including: PowerPoint, MS Word, Xcel, MS Project, and other productivity programs.
- This person must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- He/she must be sensitive to and appreciative of cultural, political, and geographical differences and work well with faculty and students from around the world.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by February 22, 2018. Those who do not apply by February 22, 2018 may or may not be considered.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications, 2. A current CV/resume, 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references). Questions should be directed to: [Lauren Galleri [email protected]]
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30055 - Business School
Posting Date: Feb 8, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lauren Galleri
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00690641