Client Care Aide II
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine/Addiction Research and Treatment Services (ARTS)
Client Care Aide II
Position #00218407 Posting #12393
This class series describes attending to the physical comfort, personal appearance and safety of patients. The work includes assisting clients with personal hygiene; escorting, transporting, or accompanying clients; answering call lights and attending to routine health needs; assisting with routine nursing care; providing general health information; and observing and reporting client behavior. Positions work under the direction of nursing or medical staff.
University of Colorado Denver and ARTS is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. To ensure ARTS program integrity, prospective employees will be required to submit to pre-employment urine testing. This position provides instruction/teaching at the Synergy residential which serves 13-15 adolescent males, ages 14-19 years old.
This part-time, University Staff (non-classified) position covers the four pm to midnight shift; either a straight or rotating shift; may be required to stay over late or come in early to cover shifts as needed. This position may be required to work holidays and/or over nights as we are a 24/7 residential facility and may also be required to respond to any emergencies as needed. This position exists to supervise/manage clients, monitor, intervene in and record client behavior and activity: to ensure safety of staff and clients; perform all necessary paperwork and record keeping per agency, OBH, Signal, DYC, and RCCF licensing requirements.
Examples of work performed:
- This position will observe, monitor, and intervene in drug/alcohol treatment through addressing client behaviors for negative behaviors and develop assignments to modify client behavior in the milieu;
- Develop and ensure compliance with program structure
- Design consequences for negative facilitate clients progress through treatment by conducting weekly individual sessions on all clients
- Ensure safety of staff and clients
- Assist in group education/counseling, provide individual tracking sessions, completes accompanying documentation to all Synergy clients
- Perform line staff duties to include medication monitoring
- Document urinalysis tests
- Perform client head counts
- Perform off-site verifications
- Perform random inspections of the premises and contraband searches
- Transport clients in State vehicle to medical/dental appointments, outings in the community, court, etc.
- Attend and participate in weekly supervision and staff meetings
- Complete following documentation for clients on caseload; weekly reports, monthly reports, incident reports
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $12,828 - $13,000 (50% time) and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Must possess a GED or High School Diploma. Please attach a copy of your transcripts or certificate
- One year of experience appropriate to the work assignment.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be willing and able to work part-time (50% time)
- Must be willing and able to cover the four pm to midnight shift
- Must be willing and able to work a straight or rotating shift
- Must be willing and able to stay over late or come in early to cover shifts as needed
- Must be willing and able to work holidays and/or over nights as we are a 24/7 residential facility
- Must be willing and able to respond to any emergencies as needed
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Colorado Driver's License or be able to obtain one within 30 days from date of hire.
- To ensure ARTS program integrity, prospective employees will be required to submit to pre-employment urine testing
- Must agree to fingerprinting and criminal background check. Required background checks include a review with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) AND the Central Registry of Child Protection (Trails).
- Subject to pre-employment, post-accident or incident or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Addiction Research and Treatment Services Department Policies.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services or Criminal Justice field
- Experience in residential/day treatment setting
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and ability to learn software programs
- Experience using an Electronic Health Record
- Ability to elevate decision making to higher level based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, and fact check information that needs to be conveyed to outside constituencies, in the matters of their clients we treat, in a complete and professional manner.
- Ability to be nonjudgmental and respectful of others beliefs, values, and culture
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Irene Arguelles at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Denver
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20280 - SOM-PSYCH-ARTS SP/G
Posting Date: Jan 19, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Irene Arguelles
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00218407