UCCS Presents Assistant Director of Business Operations
The UCCS Presents Assistant Director of Business & Operations will oversee all financial operations for UCCS Presents programs (Galleries of Contemporary Art, THEATREWORKS, and the Artists Series) including budget development/management, financial processing, box office settlements, long-range financial planning/forecasting and certain day to day operations. The UCCS Presents Assistant Director of Business and Operations will work closely with the Executive Director in long-range strategic planning, goal-setting and growth projections. The financial support should follow established internal controls, be in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and standards issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the Governmental Accounting Standard Board (GASB), and comply with all Federal, State, Local, and University fiscal rules and regulations.
Internally the position will collaborate directly with the director of Auxiliary Accounting, the Associate Director of Ticketing Services, directors of UCCS Presents, the University Center, GOCA, THEATREWORKS, the Advancement Office, and with the entire campus community in support of making the arts central to academic life on campus and in the region.
Oversee budget development and day-to-day budget management for the Arts Programs of UCCS Presents and support the University Center operation when needed.
Work with Executive Director and the program directors to set annual revenue goals for both earned and contributed revenue.
Develop monthly financial statements and forecasts to track progress towards annual goals.
Provide expertise on financial matters.
Conduct standard financial management responsibilities.
Supervise and manage the following departments:
Production/Stage operations department of 3 full-time employees; work with staff to manage expenses and ensure safe and OSHA compliant operating procedures.
Assist Executive Director to ensure compliance with performance management policies and procedures.
Develop and monitor policies and procedures to meet both internal business needs and align with University policies and procedures.
- With the support of various University staff, work to close out fiscal year by gathering financial data of the auxiliary units and make necessary budgetary adjustments in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Review monthly financial statements for accuracy for budget and actual data as it relates to budget journal entries and actual journal entries. Retrieve financial reports for staff as needed.
- Create and prepare basic budget/financial spreadsheets on a monthly basis.
- Monthly adjust personnel budgets at the position level in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Monthly review budgets to actual data and alert supervisor of any discrepancy in such data.
- As directed by supervisor, assist in assuring budgets are submitted on time and data are entered correctly.
- Review detailed budgets for UCCS Presents and coordinate with the UCCS Controller's office on budgeted cash transfers.
- Maintains and applies knowledge of current CU policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- Processes payments, tracks accounts payables, and receivables.
- Works closely with Auxiliary Services to ensure accounting processes are efficient and effective.
- Reviews, along with Auxiliary Services staff and Auxiliary Services Accounting staff, all relevant Speed Types and accounts periodically to ensure property classification in PeopleSoft.
- Works closely with Auxiliary Services Accounting staff to resolve issues related to accounting and financial reporting processes.
- Resolves issues related to accounting and financial reporting processes by reaching out and asking for information from the auxiliary services personnel to determine the issues and then making changes in processes, when needed.
- Awareness and basic understanding of GAAP, financial reporting, basic spreadsheet preparation, systems and databases, and business administration.
- Awareness and basic understanding of retail accounting including inventory methods and cost of goods sold.
- Proficiency in the use of various accounting and reporting applications.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to seek out answers from a wide variety of choices and apply the solution correctly.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple, concurrent projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently perform the wide range of administrative and accounting responsibilities associated with this position. Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations in a multi-cultural environment that is committed to diversity and equality in education.
Annual Salary Range: $56,000.00 - $60,000.00
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of four years of accounting or budget management and administrative experience.
- A minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
• Seven years of progressive experience with university auxiliary services
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by February 13, 2018 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or [email protected] Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Job Category: External Relations
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40255 - UCCS Presents
Posting Date: Jan 30, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Position Number: 00740694