* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Position 743490 - Requisition 12725
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colorado. A significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus seeks a Licensing Administrator to work at the CU Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities.
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Licensing Administrator for CU Innovations. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position in CU Innovations will be physically located at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora.
The University of Colorado Innovations Office at Anschutz believes that CU's world-class research should create world-class impact. Every day, we bring together industry partners, entrepreneurs, and investors to help CU researchers solve important problems and improve the quality of life worldwide. With expertise in patents, copyrights and licensing, we help translate discovery into impact through transparent, flexible, best practice intellectual property management services, and connect researchers at CU's Anschutz Medical campus with a variety of commercialization programs in the University and the community.
Nature of Work:
This position provides licensing administration services to the Innovations Office's Anschutz/Denver Director of Licensing and the Licensing Group. The individual in this position will work closely with Licensing Managers, Licensing Associates and the Patent Admin to educate and support Faculty and to evaluate, patent and commercialize intellectual property created at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Center.
The Licensing Admin position performs administrative duties in support of Licensing systems, processes, and operations, including interfacing with the public, meeting and event planning, document preparation and management, invention management, Inteum and iEdison data entry and reporting. The job requires flexibility and judgment in adapting practical approaches and routines for a variety of situations. The individual in this position coordinates the operations of the CU Anschutz Licensing Group from the Innovations office.
- Day-to-day supervision will be provided by the Director and Associate Directors of Licensing. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Document preparation and management: Proofreading, editing, compiling, and formatting, including legal agreements and marketing materials; coordination of document review processes, coordination of signatures on legal agreements. Prepare basic legal documents based on templates. Compose routine correspondence directed to University and external business contacts with respect to scheduling and document transmittal. Assist with transition to a paperless office; retrieve, scan, index, and file documents; dispose of paper documents according to prescribed retention and destruction procedures. Maintain paper and electronic document storage and transmittal systems for patent prosecution documents, correspondence, marketing materials, license negotiations and final agreement documents.
- Invention management: Receive and review invention disclosures from University faculty and enter data into IP management database, Submit invention reports to Federal sponsors in compliance with Federal regulations, using a variety of online and other reporting tools. Review, research, verify and select relevant data for entry into the IP management database. Review legal agreements for extracting information needed to meet deadlines and fulfill Licensing legal obligations. Data entry of multiple and complex deadlines and action-due dates; monitoring and tracking of deadlines using electronic systems and databases. Serve as liaison with OCG to exchange information related to research awards, service agreements, inventions, and patents. Manage invention notifications, deadlines, and IP rights elections as specified in contracts between CU and various sponsors of industry-University research centers. Generate workflow, activity, and deadline reports for staff.
- Event Planning: Plan and implement on-campus events (seminars, workshops) for members of the University and business communities. Coordinate and schedule Licensing staff presentations at off-campus industry events. Select catering vendors, select menu, scout and select venue for Licensing seminars and events. Book vendors and handle payment. Assist to organize and facilitate Licensing internships and educational programs for CU Faculty and staff. Coordinate activities and correspondence in support of the Innovations Liaison program.
- Office Administration: Greet visitors and introduce them to those they are meeting with; provide general information to visitors and callers. Act as office liaison with campus departments such as parking services, directory services, etc. Maintain stock of office supplies and maintain office equipment. Select office equipment and vendors in accordance with University procurement policies. Develop office policies and procedures for general office administration and compliance with Universities polices.
- Schedule meetings and telephone conferences among Licensing staff, faculty and researchers, and external business and industry representatives, communicating with faculty and business contacts in a professional manner by telephone, email and in person. Determine priority of meetings to be scheduled/meeting requests. Gather and provide information and documents for professional meetings and staff meetings.
- Manages the AIA grant award processes.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services .
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education (professional experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for the educational requirement).
- One year of professional experience coordinating business operations.
- Experience in legal administration
- Experience in compliance administration
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure, to manage multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness.
- Demonstrated high level of commitment to customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, other University personnel, and the public.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Kristin Pena at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by March 7, 2018.. Those who do not apply by 3/7/18 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 21705 - ADM-CHAN Anschutz Tech Transfe
Posting Date: Feb 22, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Marci Grant for Kristin Pena
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00743490