Post-Doctoral Fellow, Tamburini Lab
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Tamburini Lab
The Tamburini lab at the University of Colorado-Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking a talented and motivated Post-doctoral Fellow in the field of the innate immune system with an emphasis on the lymphatic system. The candidate must have a Ph.D. in immunology, cell biology or a related field. Experience in infectious models or chronic disease and/or lymphatic biology is preferred.
The position will work under the mentorship of the principal investigator/s to dissect the roles of lymphatic endothelial cells and their involvement in immunity following infection and in situations of chronic disease. The principal investigator is part of a diverse group of basic and clinical researchers and the individual in the position will be encouraged to utilize this broad network of scientific expertise to further their research. The individual should be comfortable performing experiments independently and learning new techniques. Publication in high impact journals, participation in campus research symposia, and scientific conference attendance will be expected in this position.
The individual holding the position will report to the principle investigator.
- Experience and knowledge of the immune system and/or lymphatic system is essential
- Expertise and experience in cellular imaging using immunohistochemistry, confocal microscopy and multi-photon microscopy of lymph nodes, liver, or other tissues including familiarity with software programs related to data analysis of images (IMARIS, Slidebook, Zen, Nikon) are desired.
- Tissue processing for sectioning, mounting, and staining for imaging, or tissue processing for staining and flow cytometry is desired and will be taught.
- Familiarity with flow cytometry and flowjo analysis software is also desired.
- The applicant should be acquainted with animal husbandry procedures and be comfortable handling animals.
- Other basic molecular biology techniques such as Western blotting, immunoprecipitation, or other protein experience are beneficial, but not required.
Salary and Benefits:
The postdoctoral fellow will be given a salary commensurate with that set forth by the division and NIH guidelines for other postdoctoral fellows with the same qualifications.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12043
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20189 - SOM-MED-Gastroenterology
Posting Date: Dec 11, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Beth Tamburini
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00741469