Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner - Instructor
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner - Instructor
Through a contract with Metropolitan State University of Denver and the University, the individual in this position works five days per week (40 hours) at the Health Center at Auraria on the Auraria Campus, serving the three institutions of higher education on this urban campus. Clinical setting is typical of a busy Family Practice office that includes behavioral health, including psychiatry, with both walk-in and scheduled appointments.
Excellent practice environment with positive administrative support. Mental health providers and general medical providers are housed together in this integrated care model. Minimal staff turnover rate. Diverse patient base with varying levels of clinical complexity. Candidate must possess the following essential characteristics: flexible, affable, engaging and collaborative personality; outstanding interpersonal skills; positive outlook and energy; sense of humor; and the ability to interface with a variety of constituent groups as a key public relations officer for the department. Candidate should have a wide range of clinical/diagnostic skills based on comprehensive work experience/training and be proficient in the use of electronic medical records. Must have thorough knowledge of theoretical and pharmacologic issues and prescriptive practices related to the clinical treatment of common psychiatric and/or substance abuse disorders. Needs to work well in a collaborative work environment associated with being part of a group practice with common practice guidelines and expectations. Applicants must have the ability to practice efficiently including staying on time with clients and ensuring that all clinical documentation is maintained daily.
- Provides High Quality Mental Health Care, including Medication Management to constituents on the Auraria Campus
- Provides outpatient mental health care, including medication management, at the Health Center at Auraria for students, faculty and staff on the Auraria Campus.
- Teaches mid-levels on selected clinical topics throughout the year
- Exemplifies the highest standards in patient care as a faculty member and role model to Health Center personnel.
- Performs Administrative Duties as Assigned
- Provides collaborative clinical insight, case review and input to the Medical Director and Administrative Director and/or his designees
- Participates in provider and administrative meetings throughout the year
- Provides input regarding departmental standards and protocols
- Maintains confidentiality
- Completes all clinical medical records/patient notes according to departmental standards and time frames
- Maintains State Licensure and all associated certifications as required for the job
- Complete all administrative assignments as outlined
- Adheres to HIPAA and CLIA standards and associated acceptable practice standards
- Assists Medical Director for Behavioral Health and Administrative Director as requested regarding operational protocols
- Is familiar with and follows all existing departmental policies and procedures
- Colorado Advanced Practice Registered Nurse with PMHNP-BC or Clinical Nurse Specialist
- DEA certificate with no restrictions to any qualifications.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 11229
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21323 - SOM-PSYCH-OTHR CLIN SVS-GEN OP
Posting Date: Sep 28, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Steve Monaco
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00007017