Pediatric Pain APN - Instructor
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Pediatric Pain APN - Instructor
Chronic Pain Service Advanced Practice Nurse - Pediatrics
The University of Colorado School of Medicine, a premier research-intensive institution located at the base of the Rocky Mountains, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Instructor-Advanced Practice Nurse in the Department of Anesthesiology.
The Instructor-Advanced Practice Nurse, in collaboration with the interdisciplinary Chronic Pain Management Service at Children's Hospital Colorado:
- Independently see patients, including follow ups, post-op patients, opiate refill patients, and patients who were recently discharged from hospital and need to be bridged until their chronic pain new patient visit.
- Inpatient consults: obtain information, communicate with medical team and pain team.
- Procedures: complete History and Physicals (H&P), and check on patients while in discharge.
- New patient clinic: complete H&P, After Visit Summaries (AVS), place appropriate orders, and coordinate care if needed
- Promotes an environment of mutual respect among the interdisciplinary team, referring services, children, and families
- Practices holistically, considering patients' physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual needs
- Orders and adjusts medication and non-pharmacologic therapies in consultation with Pain Service physicians
- In collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, evaluates and manages a follow-up plan based on the patient's response
- Documents in the medical record the chief complaint, history, physical findings, diagnosis, treatments, and progress
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to maintain good communication among families, primary care providers, and other referral services
- Practices in a fiscally responsible manner
- Collaborates in the development of pain-related nursing procedure statements, protocols and patient/parent educational handouts
- Communicate with providers in community and CHCO re: pain patients regarding patients trying to get into pain clinic
- Assists with problem identification and data collection for research and/or quality improvement projects
- Independently seeks opportunities to expand own clinical knowledge and skills and achieve professional development goals
- Participates in professional affiliations and networks with professional colleagues
- Participates on department/division/hospital committees as needed/requested
Required education/experience/skills (minimum qualifications):
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Colorado
- Graduate preparation in nursing (e.g., MS, ND, DNP)
- Certified PNP with prescriptive authority
- Experience in pediatric pain assessment and management
- At least 3- years experience in pediatric nursing
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12723
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20138 - SOM-Anesthesiology
Posting Date: Feb 22, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Haleigh Stout
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00743990