Clinical Operations Manager
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
College of Nursing Office of Clinical and Community Affairs
Clinical Operations Manager
Position #00001000 - Requisition 12653
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
College of Nursing has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Clinical Operations Manager position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Nature of Work:
The University of Colorado, College of Nursing, is seeking a full time (1.0 FTE), benefits eligible Clinic Operations Manager to oversee the College of Nursing Campus Health Center Clinic on the Anschutz Medical Campus and Belleview Point Clinic located in South Denver. This position will manage all aspects of both small medical clinics.
The Campus Health Center (CHC) and Belleview Point invites anyone who works or studies on the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus to receive the right type of care at the right time. Additionally we welcome the public/community by taking most insurance types. We accept same day appointments for convenient access and our board-certified practitioners have full prescriptive authority. The clinics strive to enhance our multi-disciplinary care experience for patients by providing an integrated care model which include a large spectrum of physical and mental health care opportunities, thereby exposing our community and students, faculty staff of future scientists, health professionals and public health practitioners to seamless and coordinated systems of care.
Works under general supervision of the Clinical Operations Program Director for Clinical and Community Affairs as part of the College of Nursing (CON) faculty practices, but is given the latitude to make decisions on projects that he/she is accountable for.
This position oversees employees in each clinic including but not limited to receptionists and medical assistants.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Supervise daily operations and support staff, including:
- Holding staff accountable for meeting productivity expectations and timely documentation of services
- Coach and counsel assigned staff to include completion and communication of performance appraisals, ongoing communication, and initiation of corrective action when needed
- Participates in the selection and hiring of providers and staff
- Conduct and/or arranges pertinent trainings for personnel
- Reviews, analyzes and approves expenditures to ensure compliance with established budgets
- Ensure strict compliance with University and professional policies/procedures
- Order and maintains medical equipment and supplies
- Coordinate with College of Nursing Human Resources and the Office of Clinical & Community Affairs to post job descriptions
- Conduct monthly staff meetings
- Facilitate integrated care model with physical and behavioral health providers to improve efficiency and quality
- Assist with development, use, analysis, and feedback of clinical performance measurement indicators, processes, and audits
- Conduct routine audits as required, to evaluate the effectiveness of clinical controls and process related to the Campus Health Center and Belleview Point.
- Works with principal investigators to assist with grant writing and reporting when applicable
- Manage concerns and issues related to health information technology (HIT) and coordinate solutions with OIT and Epic staff
- Keep apprised of changes in HIT and update staff and providers
- Attend relevant Office of Clinical & Community Affairs and CON meetings
- Serve as liaison between clinic and Anschutz Health and Wellness Center, patients, providers, collaborating partners, community members, and others as needed
- Practice safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods
- Participate in overall marketing strategy for Campus Health Center and Belleview Point
- Provide back-up assistance to front and back office assistants, when required, including vacation and sick leave coordination
- Other duties as assigned
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position starts at $60,514 and in commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, school, or program in Public Health, Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration, Communications or a closely related field.
- Five years clinical operations program management experience
- One year electronic health records (EHR) experience
- Relevant experience may substitute for the bachelor's degree on a year-for-year basis.
- A master's degree from an accredited university, school, or program in Public Health, Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration, Communications or a closely related field may substitute for an unrelated bachelor's degree.
- Master's degree from an accredited university, school, or program in Public Health, Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration, Communications or a closely related field
- Previous experience working at an academic health center
- BLS/CPR certified
Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Considerable degree of independent judgment and work priorities
- Daily clinical operations of the clinics including staffing and process flow
- Ability to use computer and clinic software
- Knowledge of current medical procedures and understanding of basic medical terminology
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with students, patients, their families, and other members of
- the health care team
- Data analysis and patient outcome tracking
- Marketing experience
- Strong collaborative nature
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) 4. Copy of BLS Certification (if applicable) Questions should be directed to Rod DeVriendt at CON.HR@ucdenver.edu.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by February 23, 2018.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20468 - College of Nursing
Posting Date: Feb 14, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Rod DeVriendt
Posting Contact Email: CON.HR@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00001000