Instructor Clin Teaching Educ
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
College of Nursing, Office of Academic Programs
Job Title: Undergraduate Faculty Instructor or Sr. Instructor in the Non-Tenure Clinical Teaching Track
Position #00629909 - Requisition 12187
College of Nursing has an opening for two full-time Faculty positions in Undergraduate Programs at the rank of Instructor or Sr. Instructor in the Non-Tenure Clinical Teaching Track
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The University of Colorado, College of Nursing has openings for two full-time Faculty positions in Undergraduate Programs at the rank of Instructor or Sr. Instructor in the Non-Tenure Clinical Teaching Track. Rank will be determined based on experience and qualifications. The successful candidates will have recent medical surgical experience and a track record of excellence in academic teaching. Responsibilities include participation in the teaching, practice, and service mission of the College of Nursing and the University of Colorado. Demonstration of academic leadership such as curricular/program development is preferred. A portion of the position may be devoted to clinical practice depending on the candidate's experience and expertise. Within the College of Nursing, service and scholarship to the University and the College are an expectation of all faculty members.
These full-time positions involves didactic and clinical teaching responsibilities. Didactic courses are taught in the classroom, online, or in blended formats. Supervision of clinical courses includes clinical conferences using online conferencing and close communication with clinical preceptors.
- Instruct and facilitate meaningful learning of the course outcomes in the curriculum and proactively support all facets of the learning environment.
- Provide education through learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace.
- Encourage a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning, diversity and ethics as well as personal and professional development.
- Participate in activities that promote the stature of the academic programs and the College of Nursing as well as abide by the mandates set by the University of Colorado, and the College of Nursing.
- Devotes 20% to clinical practice in order to maintain any certification requirements and to assist with preceptorship or remediation and evaluation of undergraduate students.
- Accepts teaching assignments within the College of Nursing as determined by Assistant/Associate Dean.
- Participates in course, curricular and program revisions / development.
- Masters in Nursing
- Experience in pre-licensure and post-licensure nursing education
- Eligible for Colorado State Nursing License, in good standing.
- Qualified for rank of Instructor, Senior Instructor or higher in the Non-Tenure Clinical Teaching Track
- Experience in teaching pre-licensure and post-licensure medical-surgical nursing and pre-licensure and post-licensure gynecology and/or obstetrics nursing courses.
- Clinical or teaching experience with maternal-child/obstetrical Nursing, and/or caring for older adult patients.
- Doctorate degree such as DNP or PhD
- Demonstration of academic leadership such as curricular/program development
- Experience working with learning management systems
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to proficiently perform within a system designed to implement integrated, inter-professional models of care delivery and evaluation of student outcomes.
- Strong collaborative nature
- Highly organized skill set
- Student and patient centered
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Review of applications will begin 01/03/2018, and will continue until the position is filled. Questions should be directed to Amy Hester via [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12187
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20468 - College of Nursing
Posting Date: Dec 22, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Amy Hester
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00629909