University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The Department of Dermatology at the University of Colorado is seeking a full-time 1FTE (.8cFTE) Dermatologist at the rank of Assistant Professor to Associate Professor to see patients in a robust clinical practice at CU Cosmetics Clinic, Department of Dermatology on the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, CO.
Duties in this faculty position will include teaching, research, and service responsibilities.
The major responsibility of this clinician role is to see general Derm patients and cosmetic patients in our thriving CU Cosmetics Practice. The goal of this clinical position is to:
- Building a strong cosmetic clinical practice teaching and using the newest, state-of-the-art techniques
- Align CU Cosmetics with the goals of patient care and resident education
- Provider supervision of dermatology residents in clinic, educating rotating residents, monitoring and supervising hands on patient care by the resident
- Seeing new, incremental patients and return patients. Advising on treatment and making recommendations to patients based on their clinical needs.
- Teaching responsibilities will include teaching and mentoring residents in clinic and participation in didactic lectures for Dermatology and Pediatric residents
Academic Activities: Physician will be expected to participate in faculty meetings, didactics, resident teaching in clinic and other duties as necessary.
- Medical Degree from an accredited school of medicine
- Board certified in Dermatology
- Demonstrated proficiency Dermatology, cosmetics, lasers, Botox, fillers and lasers
- Ability to communicate clearly as an integral member of a team
- Current license to practice as a physician in the state of Colorado with prescriptive privileges
- Experience or training in Dermatology
- Experience in Dermatology cosmetics preferred to include Botox, fillers, lasers and skin care product
- Experience in an academic clinical environment is preferred
- The candidate should also demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12714
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20143 - SOM-Dermatology
Posting Date: Feb 22, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kia Silverman
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00685908