Sr. HCM Core Business System Analyst
University Information Systems (UIS) provides technical services and enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise. Through the development of enterprise applications, UIS supports the University as a whole with systems used by students, faculty, human resources employees, finance employees, and others.
This position exists to assist developers and the HCM Core Application Manager with analysis, configuration, testing, implementation and troubleshooting of application issues within HCM, primarily but not limited to, the HCM Core modules. The position is responsible for assisting with functional design specifications and test plans. This position will work with the HCM Core Application Manager and users on gathering all business requirements for customizations and functional configuration.
Sr. Business System Analyst works with groups such as:
- Application Managers
- Developers within UIS, Oracle Support, HCM, and FSCM
- Employee Services staff
- Production support
- Project management
- Warehouse team
- Campus Users
- Desktop Support
Duties and Responsibilities:
Sr. Business System Analyst duties include:
- Troubleshooting and Analyzing of Data and Application Issues within the HCM System
- Writing of functional design documents for customizations
- Writing of test plans
- Working with users and application managers to gather all necessary business requirements for customizations
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining all functional documents associated with any HCM system
- Completing regression testing for all system customizations
- Provide leadership and customer service to multiple campus customers and SMEs
- Completing smoke testing for PUM/Selective Adoption and PeopleTools Upgrades
- Provide coverage for modules in the absence of the application manager
- Detailed analysis of HCM release notes and detailed impact analysis
- Assisting with communication of release notes to the HCM Community
- Assisting with vendor management of the module
- Performs system analysis, program specification, systems development, and support during planned and unplanned maintenance windows
- Expand professional, technical skills and expertise by acquiring knowledge in new technologies and system development procedures and tools by attending technical classes, seminars, and end user groups
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Provides subject matter expertise for the Business Systems Analysts within the HCM Systems Team
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of higher education business processes; in particular HCM related business processes such as recruiting, position management, workforce administration, benefits administration, commitment accounting, profile management, or other employee lifecycle processes
- Ability to multi-task several testing projects
- Demonstrated experience supporting multiple applications
- Demonstrated experience writing and managing test plans
- Ability to travel between campuses within the state of Colorado
Who we are:
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. However, this position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
The University of Colorado is committed to recruiting and supporting diversity and equality in education and employment. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary range for this position is $70,000 - $90,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Vision, Life and Wellness
- Retirement: 10% Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Benefit
- ECO Pass
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education (professional experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for the educational requirement)
- 4+ years' SQL experience using a tool such as TOAD or SQL Developer
- 4+ years' demonstrated experience testing software customizations
- 2+ years' experience with PeopleTools version 8.54+ including Approval Workflow Engine, Related Content, Forms and Approval Builder, etc.
- 2+ years' experience with PeopleSoft HCM 9.2
- 2+ years' experience working within a PeopleSoft application
- 2+ years' experience with PeopleSoft upgrades and PUM/Selective adoption cycles
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Programming, or other related area
- Experience using PeopleTools Testing Framework(PTF) tool
- Experience with PeopleSoft HCM application version 9.2
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration, completed applications must be received by Wednesday, February 28, 2018. Those who do not apply by February 28, 2018 may or may not be considered. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and list of references to your application as three separate documents. Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. For full consideration, please apply by February 28, 2018.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University Information Systems
Posting Date: Feb 13, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lauren Morain
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00729823