University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Nature of Work
The Department of Dermatology at the University of Colorado seeks a full-time Instructor Level Nurse Practitioner (NP) at the University level at the Anschutz Medical Campus within the School of Medicine. The primary responsibility will be providing high quality dermatologic care to our cosmetics patients in our thriving CU Cosmetics Clinic.
Licensed Nurse Practitioner
This position will work with the Medical Director of the CU Cosmetics clinic.
Oversight of clinic manager and staff.
Examples of Work Performed
The intent of this position is to see dermatology patients in follow-up. Examples of these duties are:
- Botox and Fillers
- Broad knowledge of skin care product Occasional Excision
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5 or more years of experience preferred
- Dermatology background and/or training preferred
- Academic Medical Center experience preferred
Physician will be expected to participate in faculty meetings, didactics, resident teaching in clinic and other duties as necessary.
- Graduate from an accredited NP
- Must hold or obtain a Colorado Medical License
- DEA Certificate and prescriptive authority is a requirement
- Obtain medical staff privileges with the University of Colorado Hospital
- Broad scope skills applicable to Dermatology and cosmetics with the ability to work independently as applicable to professional license
- Knowledge of skin patch testing would be very useful but not required
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12715
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20143 - SOM-Dermatology
Posting Date: Feb 22, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kia Silverman
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00008059