LECTURER IN CHICANA/O AND LATINA/O STUDIES
JOB NO.: 93583-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: L&S/CHICANA/O STUDIES
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Terminal
Position Vacancy ID: 93583-AS
Working Title: Lecturer in Chicana/o and Latina/o Studies
Official Title: SENIOR LECTURER(D80BN) or LECTURER(D80DN) or ASSOC LECTURER(D80FN)
Hiring Department: A481600-COL OF LETTERS & SCIENCE/CHICANA/O STUDIES
Anticipated Begin Date: MAY 21, 2018
Term: This position will end on JUNE 17, 2018.
Minimum $34,772 SUMMER SESSION
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Masters degree required, ABD preferred in ethnic studies or related field with a specialization in Chicana/o and Latina/o Studies.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Previous college/university teaching preferred.
License or certificate:
Teach Chicla 201, 'Introduction to Chicana/o & Latina/o Studies' during 4-week summer session (May 21-June 17, 2018) to undergraduate students.
Duties include preparing syllabus, course materials; presenting lectures and facilitating classroom discussions; preparing, administering, and grading papers and exams; and holding office hours. Class size will be approximately 30 students.
The goals of this course are to:
1) Introduce students to selected Chicana/o and Latina/o cultural practices and experiences,
2) Provide a critical understanding of the emergence of Chicana/o and Latina/o Studies as a field of inquiry,
3) Provide a critical survey of theories and approaches to literary and cultural analysis, and interlocking issues of race, class, gender and power relationships as these relate to Chicana/o and Latina/o lives and communities in the United States;
4) Introduce students to the concept of interdisciplinarity.
The course will count for core requirements in the Chicana/o and Latina/o Studies Certificate. For more information about
CHICLA courses and the Certificate program, please visit http://www.chicla.wisc.edu/.
Instructions to applicants:
Please apply via the online application at jobs.wisc.edu. Applicants will be asked to upload:
- Resume or CV
- Cover letter expressing interest in the position
- Sample syllabus for CHICLA 201
- List of two references from individuals familiar with your teaching
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Feb 16 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Mar 15 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time