ASST/ASSOC DIRECTOR OF IT
JOB NO.: 93615-LI
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Management/Supervisory
Employment Class: Limited
Position Vacancy ID: 93615-LI
Working Title: Asst/Assoc Director of IT
Official Title: ASSOC DIR, CMPTR SV/M(K10FM) or ASST DIR, CMPTR SV/M(K10LM)
Hiring Department: A541000-SCHOOL OF NURSING/IT/ADMIN
Anticipated Begin Date: APRIL 01, 2018
Minimum $55,406 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's Degree required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience managing information technology is required, preferably in a complex higher education or research organization.
* Demonstrated experience supporting academic, business, and/or research infrastructure systems, as well as experience in strategic information technology planning and implementation.
* A broad base of administrative knowledge and skills, including the ability to effectively supervise, motivate, and set priorities for a team of IT staff.
* A broad base of information technology knowledge and skills, including network and server management, and desktop support.
* Demonstrated success in providing high quality customer support services and implementing new technologies, as well as comprehensive knowledge of the latest network and technology initiatives.
* Awareness of, and conversance with, technology trends in academic and personal computing.
* Demonstrated leadership skills, including working with diverse groups of people.
* Project and budget management, oral and written communication skills required.
* A clear commitment to high quality customer service, enthusiasm, an understanding and commitment to diversity, and the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students.
* Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment as well as the ability to provide leadership and vision, but also able and eager to do the work.
License or certificate:
The School of Nursing's Assistant/Associate Director of Information Technology provides overall leadership for information technology in the School, while simultaneously providing direct network and end-user support. The director supervises and works in tandem with three information technology staff members. This position serves under the limited supervision of the Associate Dean for Administrative Affairs.
Criminal background check is required prior to employment.
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position, please click Apply Now, from Jobs.wisc.edu, to begin the application process. Please submit ONE pdf file containing the following:
1) a cover letter describing qualifications against the minimum number of years and relevant experience requirements
2) a current resume
3) contact information for three references, including current supervisor (if applicable).
For questions regarding this position, please contact Dundee McNair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online applications must be received by 11:55pm on the application deadline for ensured consideration. Failure to submit complete application materials, as instructed above, may result in ineligibility for this position.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Feb 19 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Mar 19 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time