FINANCIAL REPORTING, ANALYSIS AND SYSTEMS SUPERVISOR
JOB NO.: 93612-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: BUS SVC/ACCOUNTING
Categories: Accounting, Finance, Purchasing, Management/Supervisory
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 93612-AS
Working Title: Financial Reporting, Analysis and Systems Supervisor
Official Title: FINANCIAL PROG MANAGER III(P52NL)
Hiring Department: A030500-BUSINESS SERVICES/ACCOUNTING
Anticipated Begin Date: APRIL 15, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
ANNUAL (12 months)
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field of business studies highly preferred; MBA, CPA, or related master's degree preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience required:
1. Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) standard and guidance.
2. Minimum of 7 years of experience performing the following activities is required:
a. Developing and/or preparing Financial Reports.
b. Performing daily, monthly, annual general ledger activities.
c. Maintaining and/or developing advanced software applications specific to finance and reporting.
d. Performing Financial Analysis.
Additional work experience and skills preferred:
1. Creating queries and reporting tools.
2. Performing and/or reviewing balance sheet reconciliations.
3. Previous supervisory experience.
4. Highly proficient using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Desktop environment.
5. Knowledge of University, State, Federal and/or Nonfederal rules and regulations.
6. Familiarity with University financial systems such as SFS, WISDM, HRS, & JET.
7. Experience with maintaining, updating refining, and revising chart of accounts funding strings and understanding of higher education funding structures helpful.
8. Foundational understanding of internal controls and acceptable duties segregation for enhanced financial control activities a plus.
License or certificate:
Reporting to the Director of Financial Information, this position is responsible for general ledger activities and maintenance, financial reporting, data management and systems for UW-Madison Accounting Services. Responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to, developing and maintaining effective financial reporting, analysis and related systems for UW-Madison. This position plays a vital role in bringing together the decentralized financial reporting and analysis relationships across the units of the UW-Madison campus. This position will supervise SFS systems for the UW-Madison campus including PeopleSoft GL, Query and n-Vision reporting, the campus reporting tool WISDM/WISER and related Data Views, the Journal Entry Tool and the Cost Transfer Tool.
This position is responsible for managing projects and working with daily operations that include efforts of highly technical staff (in database administration, SQL server administration, and applications development), administrative, financial and accounting personnel and functional process owners.
Instructions to applicants:
To begin the application process, click the "Apply Now" button.
Please upload a cover letter referring to your related work experience and a resume detailing your educational and professional background. In these materials, please include your experience developing financial reports, performing regular general ledger activities, and developing and maintaining advanced software applications for performing financial analysis.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Feb 20 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Mar 20 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time