PROTEOMIC RESEARCH SCIENTIST
JOB NO.: 93537-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Laboratory Technician, Research Specialists, Research, Scientific
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 93537-AS
Working Title: PROTEOMIC RESEARCH SCIENTIST
Official Title: SENIOR SCIENTIST(E10BN) or ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST(E10FN) or ASSISTANT SCIENTIST(E10LN)
Hiring Department: A347520-VCRGE/BIOTECH/GENOMICS
Anticipated Begin Date: MARCH 27, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $70,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
PhD in chemistry, biomolecular chemistry or related field is required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Well-qualified candidates will possess the following experience:
1) Research and project management experience.
2) Expertise in the operation of Orbitrap mass spectrometer systems (Orbitrap Elite, Q Exactive HF, and Orbitrap Fusion)
3) Expertise and experience in analysis of proteins by mass spectrometry
4) Expertise in two or more of the following areas: protein extraction, protein quantitation, enrichment techniques including the use of antibodies, protein tagging, peptide synthesis, liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry methods development for both targeted and discovery approaches, biostatistics and analysis of large quantitative mass spectrometry data sets, expertise in multiple areas is preferred.
5) Expertise in capillary LC column fabrication
6) Expertise in the informatic analysis of mass spectrometry data
1) Experience using MaxQuant proteome analysis software.
2) 4 or more years of experience in process development for the characterization of proteins.
3) Expertise in analytical separation techniques, including reversed phase chromatography, HILIC, ion-exchange chromatography, size exclusion chromatography, capillary zone electrophoresis, capillary gel electrophoresis, capillary isoelectric focusing as applied to proteins, peptides, and lipids.
4) Expertise in label free protein quantification
5) Experience analyzing large sample cohorts
License or certificate:
Coon Laboratories seeks a highly motivated scientist to join our proteome analysis team. We are presently engaged in dozens of NIH-funded collaborative proteome analysis projects that utilize mass spectrometry technologies. The successful candidate will lead several of these projects and assist the Principal Investigator in managing the proteome project portfolio, developing research methodologies, and preparing results. The laboratory is equipped with cutting-edge mass spectrometers and related equipment. Experience using Orbitrap mass spectrometry systems and capillary chromatography are required. The successful candidate will also lead technology development projects and must have strong interest in independent research.
Instructions to applicants:
Begin the online application process by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Applicants are asked to upload a cover letter outlining your experience as related to the position as well as a current curriculum vitae (CV) or resume. You will be directed to a reference form within the application.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Feb 22 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Mar 22 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time