ASSISTANT DIRECTOR - BIOMANUFACTURING INSTITUTE
JOB NO.: 93664-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: ENGR/GRAINGER INST
Categories: Research, Scientific
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 93664-AS
Working Title: Assistant Director - Biomanufacturing Institute
Official Title: RESEARCHER(E05DN) or ASSOC RESEARCHER(E05FN)
Hiring Department: A190300-COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING/GRAINGER INST
Anticipated Begin Date: APRIL 01, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $80,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Master's required, PhD strongly preferred, in Science or Engineering related to biomanufacturing.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- A minimum of five years of experience in higher education or academic engineering or health care environment with responsibilities requiring sound judgment and involving technology development, product development, project management, and business development.
- Employment record showing increasingly responsible jobs related to this position is required.
- Excellent writing and communication skills required.
- Experience in a highly complex, matrixed organization such as research center, a research-oriented university, or a large commercial R&D organization is preferred.
- Ability to interact and influence at the most senior levels of an organization and to work collaboratively across functions, levels and departments toward shared objectives.
- Ability to effectively evaluate new technologies and identify efficient routes toward broad impact on discovery and/or therapy.
- Ability to professionally manage confidential and sensitive information and issues.
License or certificate:
This position is for an Assistant Director a new Biomanufacturing Institute. The Biomanufacturing Institute will be established in the UW College of Engineering (herein referred to as the "Institute:) in partnership with the Grainger Institute for Engineering. The Biomanufacturing Institute will also foster partnership with other campus entities, such as the School of Medicine and Public Health (SMPH) and the School of Veterinary Medicine (SVM). Focused on biomanufacturing innovation and opportunity, the new Institute will support biomanufacturing research, evaluate value proposition of new biomanufacturing technology, move new biomanufacturing technology toward commercialization, and prepare students for future leadership in the biomanufacturing sector.
Instructions to applicants:
Applications must be submitted online via UW Madison's online job application system. To start the application process, click on the "Apply Now" button. Applicants will be asked to upload a cover letter and resume as a single pdf document.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Feb 23 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Mar 23 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time