System Identification Number:
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Coordinator for Library Assessment leads the integration of assessment practices into the culture of the University of North Texas Libraries, ensuring shared actions that facilitate assessment. The Coordinator will focus on strategic and organizational goals to coordinate collection, analysis, and documentation of data for assessment; develop an evidence-based approach to achieving strategic objectives related to library services and user needs; coordinate library-wide assessment projects; and support colleagues engaged in assessment of library services.
* Plans, develops, and implements library-wide assessment programs, initiatives and strategies that enable continuous review, evaluation, and improvement of services;
* Leads creation of a strategic plan for assessment of library services;
* Chairs the Assessment Workgroup of representatives from across the Libraries that oversees assessment activities;
* Coordinates projects and works collaboratively with colleagues engaged in assessment work, ensuring shared actions toward assessment goals;
* Identifies key data to measure the impact of the Libraries' collections, services, and facilities on University-wide goals and student success initiatives;
* Coordinates the gathering of library-wide statistics for external surveys;
* Works collaboratively with others across campus responsible for assessment;
* Communicates with all stakeholders related to assessment goals and outcomes; and
* Analyzes, interprets and publicizes the results of assessment activities.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Librarian rank will be determined by the Library Personnel Affairs Committee through review of the selected candidate's education, experience, scholarly and professional involvement, and service.
* Graduate degree in a discipline that uses quantitative methods for research
* Experience using software to facilitate quantitative analysis of data
* Demonstrated knowledge of current theories, trends, standards, and practices of assessment in academic libraries
* Demonstrated interpersonal, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills
* Commitment to high ethical standards in data collection and analysis
* ALA-accredited master's degree in library or information science or international equivalent
* Experience with conducting qualitative research
* Experience articulating the value of academic libraries through quantitative and/or qualitative assessment methodologies;
* Experience using processes and software tools for analyzing, drawing insight from, reporting, and visualizing data
* Professional work experience in assessment
* Demonstrated experience compiling and reporting academic library statistics
* Evidence of competence in planning, project management, and/or data management
* Academic library work experience
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
* A second graduate or other advanced degree
Area of Specialty:
Coordinator for Library Assessment
Non-Tenured Appointment Term:
Open Until Search Closed
Required Applicant Documents:
List of Names and Contact Information of Three References