Assistant Director, Equal Opportunity
Assistant Director, Equal Opportunity
Asst Dir, Equal Opportunity
Inst Equity & Div-Gen - 210000
Is this an internal posting only?
M - F, 8 - 5 and other times as needed
UNT's Office of Equal Opportunity (OEO) has primary responsibility for enforcing the University's equal opportunity policies and for investigating complaints of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. OEO houses the university Title IX Coordinator and ADA/504 Coordinator. The office is also responsible for the university's affirmative action plan, and for training students, faculty and staff to prevent and respond to incidents of discrimination and harassment.
The Office of Equal Opportunity at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an experienced professional to join our team as an Assistant Director. The position is under the direction of the Director of the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Investigates complex matters of discrimination and harassment and evaluation of applicable complaint resolution processes pertaining to intake, investigation, and the issuance of final determinations and corrective measures. Handles informal resolution of EEO inquiries which do not constitute viable complaints under university policies.
* Monitors Federal and State regulations regarding equal employment opportunity and equal educational opportunity, stays current regarding new laws and regulations to maintain university compliance, and advises campus stakeholders, deans, directors and department heads.
* Directs the equity reviews in the faculty hiring process, which will include but not limited to working with deans, department chairs, administration and faculty on searches (posting, recruitment, targeting resources, monitoring pools, waivers of posting), interview questions, reasons for selection and non- selection.
* Directs the preparation of reporting for the AAP, including but not limited to staffing goals and timetables, the workforce analysis, adverse impact analysis, applicant flow, monitors timelines and hiring review.
* Directs, develops and delivers all campus EEO and AA training across campus including developing content for online training programs and monitoring the completion of such training.
* Other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in related field and five years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Demonstrated investigation skills.
* Thorough knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations related to EEO/AA programs.
* Experience with EEO/AA compliance and statistical analysis.
* Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
* Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
* Proficient at compiling and analyzing workforce data.
* Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations orally and in writing.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Juris Doctor plus 2 years experience in higher education.
* Demonstrated experience developing AAP plans and related software.
* Advanced proficiency in ADA, TAS or Title IX as evidenced by experience in the resolution of complex issues under those regulations.
* Demonstrated experience developing AAP plans and with reviewing candidate pools for university hiring.
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to be neutral and to project neutrality, the ability to maintain strict confidentiality, proficiency in report-writing for EEO investigations, and the ability to explain complex legal concepts in a clear and concise fashion.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively train or educate various levels of a campus community on EO matters.
* 1 year of experience maintaining case files, a case docket, or a case management system.
* Knowledge of current issues affecting civil rights/EEO compliance in higher education.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and a complex case load of reports and complaints.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
* Applicant cover letters should describe their qualifications and experience with reference to the minimum and preferred qualifications because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based.
* The position will remain open until filled.
* Candidates selected for a phone interview will be required to submit a professional writing sample which is no more than 5 pages in length, wholly their own work, and which does not contain confidential identifying information. The search committee will notify the candidates selected for phone interviews by email and will make the request for a writing sample at that time. The writing sample should discuss an EO, Legal, or HR disciplinary matter.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting