Senior HUB Specialist
Senior HUB Specialist
Senior HUB Specialist
SYS Business Services (BSC) - 922000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8 am-5 pm w/ overtime as needed
The University of North Texas System Business Support Services department was first established as part of the UNT System's shared services initiatives September 1, 2011 to provide valuable, shared business services in support of the member institutions, which include the University of North Texas in Denton, the UNT Health Science Center in Fort Worth, the University of North Texas at Dallas, and the System Administration in downtown Dallas.
UNTS Business Support Services, located in Denton, Texas, provides a diverse range of services to all of our institutions, such as a centralized call center for accounts payable, payroll, purchasing, time and labor, and travel; contract management, policy management; process improvement; procurement services and strategic sourcing; UNT System administrative budget services, financial security services, centralized administrative support services and the HUB (historically underutilized businesses) program. The core values that guide the staff are integrity, innovation, inclusiveness, individual growth, initiative, and having an inspiring and engaging environment. This position is located at the UNTS Business Service Center in Denton.
The Business Support Services Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a Senior HUB Specialist to join our team. The Senior HUB Specialist is responsible for outreach throughout the Dallas, Denton, and Fort Worth areas to minority, women and service disabled veteran owned businesses. Represents the UNT System at events that promote the HUB program. Mentors vendors with HUB certification process and identifies potential mentor protege programs. Provides in-reach across the UNT System to promote awareness on the HUB program and works collaboratively with departmental staff to identify opportunities to increase HUB utilization .
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Promotes positive HUB vendor relationships with UNT System.
* Assists Director with coordinating in-reach efforts throughout the UNT System to raise awareness of HUB Program and to assist departmental staff in recognizing opportunities to increase HUB utilization.
* Represents HUB Program at outreach events throughout the Denton, Dallas, Tarrant and Collin counties.
* Connects HUB vendors with UNT System departments to provide potential procurement opportunities.
* Works directly with minority, woman and service-disabled veteran-owned businesses to encourage HUB certification.
* Conducts some regular meetings with mentor protg participants sponsored by UNT System.
* Conducts some HUB Program presentations during pre-solicitation meetings and workshops.
* Assists in processing HUB Subcontracting Plans as needed.
* Provides internal reporting to Director and Senior Director as requested.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree and three years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and education.
The following abilities are required:
* Ability to maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally.
* Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing.
* Ability to deliver presentations to large groups of individuals.
* Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to provide high-quality customer service and maintain those standards.
* Ability to identify and anticipate customer needs and make recommendations accordingly.
* Ability to develop strong relationships in order to gain support and achieve positive results.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* State of Texas experience
* Higher education experience
* Experience working with Historically Underutilized Business program
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references with the online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting