Director of Development, Student Affairs
Director of Development, Student Affairs
Division of Advancement Gen - 170000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm; some evenings and weekends required
The University of North Texas seeks an experienced, highly motivated, goal-oriented and energetic fundraiser with a proven track record of closing annual and major gifts and exceeding measurable performance goals. The Director of Development will join a division with dynamic and visionary leadership focused on advancing a donor-centric mission and building a vibrant team who will enthusiastically and strategically increase philanthropy and accelerate current momentum to propel the university's tremendous potential to new heights.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
We are seeking a professional with a highly cooperative spirit, strong communication and relationship-building skills, a forward thinking approach, the ability to relate to multiple constituencies and to represent the University with tact, diplomacy and passion. The successful candidate will be able to convey enthusiasm for the mission and role of Student Affairs and will, upon employment, work with the Vice President to be able to convey detailed knowledge and passion for the purpose of engaging alumni and connecting them with student organizations, including several signature fund-raising events per year. One of the goals for this position includes developing/maintaining an engaged corporate community through the Executive Leadership Development Council (ELDC) that will provide mentor prospects, internship opportunities, speakers for events, mock interview professionals, and sponsorships for Student Affairs initiatives and programs.
The Director of Development works in consultation and in close coordination with the Associate Vice President for Development to design and implement a comprehensive development program to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward prospects and donors for major gifts in support of division priorities. The Director works in a collegial and supportive manner with colleagues and donors to maximize giving to the university and coordinates with UNT's annual giving, corporate and foundation relations and planned giving units. The Director collaborates with UNT's advancement services, donor relations and communications teams to implement effective recognition and messaging.
The position reports to the Associate Vice President for Development and works closely with the Vice President for Student Affairs, Faculty and University volunteers.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Coordination with their supervisor to design, plan and implement a development program to foster and enhance the development opportunities.
* Solicit and successfully close major gifts.
* Works effectively with Department heads and Advisory Boards to develop programs and strategies for specific/specialized funding needs.
* Identify and qualify prospects with the goal of building and managing a prospect portfolio of a minimum of 100 active prospects.
* Communicate with existing donors on a regular basis for continued cultivation and retention.
* Proactively supports the mission of the Division of Student Affairs and the Division of University Advancement and is perceived to be an ambassador for the University as a whole.
* Establish and cultivate cross-campus partnerships to identify, engage and solicit prospects for multi-disciplinary UNT initiatives.
* Collaborate with colleagues across the university to fulfill donor goals and objectives and to implement appropriate stewardship and recognition.
* Actively participate in University events.
* Participate in and support any special project fundraising for university priorities as assigned by executive leadership.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and four years of professional experience in fundraising, donor relations, public relations, or sales: or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Extensive knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising principles.
* Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective professional relationships with internal and external constituents.
* Ability to plan, organize, develop and execute strategies.
* Ability to mentor and coach colleagues or direct reports.
* Ability to manage time, personnel, financial, and physical resources effectively.
* Exceptional communications skills.
* Ability to master University policies and procedures and apply these in specific situations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Fundraising experience for student affairs related initiatives a plus.
* Knowledge of prospect portfolio management.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting