Faculty Led Program Coordinator
Faculty Led Program Coordinator
Study Abroad Senior Advisor
International Affairs-Gen - 110300
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm;
UNT International (UNT-I) is the administrative unit charged with directing all aspects of UNT's international operations and partnerships. UNT-I is a growing and strongly supported organization and is central to the university's strategic internationalization.
The Study Abroad Office is responsible for coordinating the university's study abroad and exchange programs. Study Abroad's mandate is to expand student participation and to integrate study abroad into the UNT curriculum. Our goal is to develop new opportunities that meet the unique needs of the UNT community and increase student access to global educational experiences.
The Study Abroad Office at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Faculty Led Program Coordinator to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Simultaneously coordinating the development of multiple programs in collaboration with faculty, requiring the ability to multitask, attention to detail, and advanced communication skills.
* Designing and delivering a workshop series for faculty and pre-departure orientations for both faculty and students.
* Marketing programs by representing the Study Abroad Office at campus events and developing and maintaining assigned program brochures, materials and applications.
* Providing ongoing support to students throughout their program by developing and applying expertise on application and registration processes, visa requirements, financial aid and scholarship resources, health and safety concerns, and resources for cultural adaptation.
* Overseeing all academic and administrative processes for study abroad participants by collaborating with multiple offices on campus including the financial aid, registrar and academic advising offices.
* Coordinating or supporting one or more special initiatives such as marketing, diversity, assessment, re-entry programming or scholarships.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in related field and four years of student services, student affairs, counseling, advising, or related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's degree in International or Higher Education Administration, College Student Development, Counseling or related field.
* Experience working in study abroad administration at a four-year college or university or at a study abroad organization, preferably with faculty led programs.
* Prior experience living, studying or working internationally.
* Experience with Terra Dotta StudioAbroad and/or PeopleSoft data management systems.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Demonstrated experience facilitating the success of individuals representing a broad range of academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ability and ethnic backgrounds.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, students, and the community; take initiative and work independently; maintain confidential and sensitive information.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting