Dining Services - 163700
Is this an internal posting only?
M - F, 8am - 5pm
Join the University of North Texas Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods. Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream and baked goods are made on campus. Our Retail Dining operations offer in house and national branded concepts.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The Dining Services Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Marketing Specialist to join our team.
This position is responsible for designing graphic media (print and digital) and supporting the marketing efforts of the department in order to increase sales of our on-campus retail food locations, resident and commuter meal plans, and UNT Catering.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Directly reports to the Marketing and Sales Director.
* Works with a team of full-time and student designers.
* Helps coordinate multiple projects and lead the student team under supervision of the Director.
* Keeps Director and team fully informed of project progress, pre-prioritizes as needed, and provides quick turnaround on projects in the que.
* Additional tasks and duties will be assigned as needed.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in related field, or in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Understanding of market segmentation, principles of marketing, integrated marketing communications principles and branding. Ability to visually inspect copy material.
* Competency in MS Office and requisite publishing, graphic design and media tools.
* Ability to think creatively, organize tasks, work independently and meet deadlines.
* Ability to use Associated Press style.
* Strong communications skills.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* 2-5 years in graphic design, production, and project management.
* A degree in graphic design/design communication is preferred.
* Strong design portfolio.
* Photography and website design experience knowledge are a plus.
* Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites.
* Be able to work independently, take initiative, and be a productive member of the team.
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment (i.e. meet hard deadlines and handle quick turn-arounds).
* Able to take creative direction, as well as give constructive feedback.
* Excellent verbal/written communication and organizational skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting