HR Coordinator III
Human Resources - 910600
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8 am-5 pm
Join the Human Resources Team as we continue our journey to transform HR partnerships and services for our colleges, divisions, and departments. It's an exciting time at UNT, with many current and new HR initiatives on the horizon. We are looking for a HR Consultant to be part of supporting these initiatives and our dynamic culture.
As one of Texas' largest Universities, the University of North Texas (UNT) is a 500-acre campus located in Denton, Texas, approximately 39 miles from the most dynamic metropolitan areas in the U.S., Dallas/Fort Worth. UNT is home to over 36,000 students and employs over 8000 faculty and staff members. The Human Resources Department partners with the campus community, providing guidance in all areas of human capital management.
The Human Resources Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a HR Consultant to join our team. The HR Consultant performs advanced human resources management work. Work involves directing, administering, and monitoring the development and operation of a human resources management program and ensuring compliance with state and federal laws and regulations. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude in the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Partners with university departments, divisions, managers and employees on a wide variety of HR issues in the area of employee relations, professional development, performance, compensation, compliance, policy, and institutional effectiveness measures.
* Offers professional counsel, advice and service to university constituents to help facilitate the success of UNT's mission, vision and values.
* Interprets and coaches on effective problem resolution using constructive strategies such a coaching, mediation, progressive discipline or grievance processes that support relationships.
* Researches and analyzes innovative HR practices. Assists in special projects by researching, compiling and analyzing human resource information.
* Provides proactive communication, education and training on current HR issues, policies and procedures. Partner with those in assigned departments to facilitate constructive change and implement new or improved programs.
* Provides exceptional customer service and support related to all employee relations, development and success. In partnership with others, provides advice, interpretation, teaching and counsel to employees and supervisors to support success.
* Provides strategies for professional development according to the needs of the division, department, and individual employee goals.
* Assists customers with classification and compensation guidance, strategies, and advice.
* Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
* Provides input and feedback that enhances the delivery of existing programs.
* Takes initiative, works independently, and effectively manages projects.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and five years of human resources experience; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws relating to general employment regulations including compensation and pay equity, FLSA, ADA, FMLA.
* Working knowledge of MS Office suite.
* Skill in using office computer information systems to organize, store, manipulate and retrieve data.
* Effective communications skills both orally and in writing.
* Critical thinking skills.
* Ability to plan, organize and effectively manage multiple assignments.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with frequently changing priorities.
* Focused on providing a high level of customer service and follow-through.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting