Director, Office for Financial Success & Assistant Teaching Professor
Job ID 25560
Full/Part Time Full-Time
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
Columbia Missouri Information
Columbia, Mo., is known as an ideal college town, combining small-town comforts, community spirit and low cost of living with big-city culture, activities and resources. Home to nationally renowned public schools and other colleges and educational centers, Columbia is packed with restaurants and entertainment venues and hosts more than a dozen annual cultural festivals.
The Department of Personal Financial Planning, in the College of Human Environmental Studies at the University of Missouri, is pleased to announce search for an Assistant Teaching Professor to service as the Director for Financial Success. The responsibilities of these position include:
- Provide leadership to the Office for Financial Success, our undergraduate financial counseling center.
- Under department supervision, oversee allocation and use of program resources and report resource use and services provided to department on regular basis.
- Represent department at the University of Missouri Summer Welcome program
- Teach undergraduate courses relating to financial counseling and planning, including engaging students in the counseling process.
- Manage/coordinate student experiential learning activities such as student team competitions.
- Collaborate with department chair and faculty in department planning and development efforts.
- Seek, develop, and maintain relationships with industry partners to garner external support for both the director position and operations of the department's Office for Financial Success.
- Serve on department, college, and university committees.
The appointment will be a nine-month academic appointment, with possible summer funding.
- Qualified applicants must either be ABD or hold a Doctorate in Financial Planning, Consumer/Family Economics, Economics, Finance or related field.
- Experience running a financial counseling center or comparable enterprise and experience working with college students highly desired.
- Teaching effectiveness in the areas of financial counseling and personal finance face-to face and online.
- Experience in financial counseling or planning and curriculum development desired.
- CFP, AFC, or equivalent professional experience required to oversee and conduct financial counseling
- Active professional membership in relevant organizations.
The Personal Financial Planning program offers several CFPBoard registered programs, including a B.S. in Personal Financial Planning, and undergraduate and a post-baccalaureate Financial Planning certificate; M.S. in Personal Financial Planning (thesis and non-thesis tracks); and a Ph.D. in Human Environmental Sciences with a concentration in Personal Financial Planning. In addition, we offer a B.S. in Personal Financial Management Services and are part of the Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (GP-IDEA) that offers a graduate certificate and M.S. degree in Personal Financial Planning.
Current undergraduate and graduate student enrollment is approximately 220 and 20, respectively.
Current members of the faculty include 5 tenured/tenure-track resident professors, one Teaching Assistant Professor, and 3 extension professionals.
Information on the department and the Office for Financial Success may be found at http://pfp.missouri.edu
The College of Human Environmental Sciences is comprised of five units: Personal Financial Planning, Architectural Studies, Human Nutrition and Foods, Human Development and Family Studies, Textiles and Apparel Management, and the School of Social Work
Current college undergraduate and graduate enrollment is approximately 1,300 and 390, respectively. Information about the college is at http://hes.missouri.edu.
More searches like this
- C-Level & Executive Directors jobs in Education
- C-Level & Executive Directors jobs in Child Development & Family Studies
- C-Level & Executive Directors jobs in Professional Fields
- C-Level & Executive Directors jobs in Architecture & Urban Planning
- C-Level & Executive Directors jobs in Science & Technology