Learning Center - 111051
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm; some nights and weekends
The Learning Center provides programs that enhance learning and facilitate academic excellence for all UNT students.
The Learning Center Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Administrative Coordinator to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
*Construct and maintain office budget per university policies and regulations.
*Coordinate the recruitment, selection, scheduling, and training of Office Assistants.
*Supervise Office Assistant staff.
*Manage office reception duties.
*Maintain employment records for all professional, paraprofessional, and student employees.
*Maintain all Learning Center files according to university policy and regulations.
*Oversee office management, including purchasing, scheduling, inventory, payroll, travel documentation, technology requests, statistical reporting, and various other administrative tasks as necessary.
*Coordinate and organize special office events.
*Assist with the development, revision, and distribution of marketing, educational, and informational publications and materials related to the Learning Center.
*Present outreach programs and workshops that require some evening and weekend work.
*Assist in the total development of the Division of Academic Affairs through participation in University, Division, and Departmental committees.
*Perform related duties as assigned by the Director or Associate Director.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Advanced written communication skills.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting