Senior Food Service Manager (Discovery Park)
Senior Food Service Manager (Discovery Park)
Senior Food Service Manager
Dining-Retail - 163710
Is this an internal posting only?
Hours of Operations: M-F 7:30 am - 7:30 pm, weekends & overtime as necessary
Join the University of North Texas Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods. Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream and baked goods are made on campus. To our staff, eating local is not just an attitude, it's our way of life.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The Retail Dining Services at the University of North Texas ( located at Discovery Park) is seeking to hire a Senior Food Service Manager to join their team.
This position will be responsible for brand compliance, training, and management of In House and National Brand operations. This requires strict supervision and training of staff to make sure food is ordered, cooked/prepared and served as required in contracts for In House and National Brands. This includes all policies, procedures, and all specs.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Direct daily operations of food quality and customer service in all areas of retail operation.
* Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates to employees.
* Evaluates procedures and policies to ensure efficient and effective operations.
* Assist with ordering, requisition, inventory of food items and supplies.
* Interviews, hires, trains, and supervises salaried and hourly staff.
* Supervise in sanitation and cleaning of kitchen.
* Supports and practices the University and Dining/Retail Services commitment to service.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in related field and three years of experience in food service management; or any equivalent combination of education, training, or experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Extensive knowledge of dining, retail, and/or catering service operations.
* Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of dietetics management knowledge and leadership skills related to business operations including planning, budgeting, organizing, controlling, and evaluating. Ability to analyze and solve problems, and make the necessary decisions on personnel, food preparation or food handling problems that may develop.
* Knowledge of cost and quality control techniques.
* Demonstrates good leadership skills and judgment.
* Skill in training, supervising, and evaluating the work of subordinates.
* Ability to develop and present formal and informal training and development programs.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
* Superior attention to detail to ensure that high profile catering events or special events are executed to meet the department's high quality standards.
Required: Must be Food Safe Certified or able to obtain certification within 6 months.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Retail brand experience a plus.
* Two years of management experience.
* Great work ethics.
* Outgoing personality.
* Eager to excel and grow with our exciting new UNT Union Retail Dining operations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting