Psychology - 122500
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The Department of Psychology offers comprehensive undergraduate degrees in Psychology, serving over 1200 undergraduate majors. Graduate programs in 4 areas prepare students for a career in research and teaching in colleges and universities or a career as a scientist-practitioner. This department is one of the few in the country with three American Psychological Association accredited programs and is committed to excellence in the preparation of our students. We strive to recruit, select, develop, reward and retain an increasingly diverse and productive faculty and staff where contributions of each member are crucial to the success of all.
The Psychology Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Administrative Coordinator to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Serving as representative of department and liaison for faculty, staff, students, and public.
* Assisting Chair in generating and managing complex annual budgets for all department areas and maintaining records.
* Coordinating and supervising general operations for departmental office; thorough knowledge of general office procedures and practices; providing general secretarial assistance.
* Assisting Chair with hiring, supervising, and evaluating staff.
* Providing orientation for faculty, staff, and adjuncts to department, college, and university policies and procedures.
* Timekeeping for faculty, staff and student hourly employees.
The successful candidate has the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* Ability to work without close supervision and to schedule tasks in order to meet deadlines in a timely, accurate manner.
* Knowledge of (or ability to rapidly assimilate and retain) University operating procedures, organization, and policies.
* Ability to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs, particularly Word and Excel.
* Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
* Strong ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Advanced written communication skills.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Knowledge of University policies and procedures related to area of assignment.
* Previous budgeting planning and tracking.
* Previous payroll and purchasing experience.
* Experience with PeopleSoft/EIS/Cognos.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and References with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting