Policy Tech Writer
Posting Date December 5, 2017
Position Title Policy Tech Writer
Vacancy # Temp 12517
Department Program Management Office
Division Information Technology
Montclair State University has an immediate need for a talented Policies Writer with demonstrable experience writing Finance and Procurement policies. This is expected to be a 2 to 4 month contract with possible extensions and is located in Montclair, NJ.
The Policy Writer will have experience as a technical writer working with compliance documents, making policy changes, creating documents and document standards, editing existing documents, and is an expert in editing software.
• Responsible for creating policies as part of Finance and Treasury office deliverables.
• Collects and records information gathered through interviews with subject matter experts or written and verbal guidance.
• Completes all phases of the document development and publishing cycle.
• May develop, recommend and implement policy changes.
• Takes direction from Finance controller's office and technical staff. Translates inputs (The What) into Finance Policies.
• Adhere to, and where necessary, develop, the internal and industry standards and style guidelines to ensure consistent, quality work.
• Advise Montclair State University staff on policy and documentation standards and best practices including structure, format and applicability.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Ability to analyze existing policies for appropriateness as well as ensure there are not conflicts with other existing policies and procedures.
• Ability to analyze business practices, changes, software and implications to policies.
• Ability to advise on best practices as it relates to enterprise wide policy documentation, standards, structure, publication and maintenance.
• 2+ Years' experience reviewing and writing policies (writing examples required)
• Experience Microsoft Office products (advanced proficiency, primarily Word)
• Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Instructional Design, Healthcare Administration, or equivalent work experience preferred.
• 2+ years' experience as a Technical/Instructional Writer, Learning or Communications professional with heavy writing responsibilities.
• 2+ years' experience with MS Office tools.
• Ability to quickly learn new software applications.
• Accounting, Compliance or Operations policy or operational experience preferred
• Experience with the PeopleSoft 9.2 platform
Salary commensurate with experience.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).
Apply by: December 15, 2017
Start Date: Immediate.
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION