Assistant Director, Advancement Services, Reporting and Analytics
Montclair State is New Jersey's second largest university. It offers the advantages of a large university - a broad undergraduate curriculum with a global focus, a wide variety of superior graduate programs through the doctoral level, and a diverse faculty and student body - combined with a small college's attention to students.
Posting Date December 21, 2017
Position Title Associate Director, Advancement Services, Reporting and Analytics
Vacancy # V-1395
Department University Advancement
Division University Advancement
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Advancement Services, the Associate Director - Advancement Services, Reporting and Analytics will assume a major role in supporting the management of University constituents/alumni through the development and analysis of reporting to assist in the fund raising efforts of the University Advancement Division. The Associate Director - Advancement Services, Reporting and Analytics will run a wide variety of system driven and custom reports, will assist with data entry, queries, exports, data manipulation, and will perform other duties as assigned.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain, revise and build upon the established reporting library. Make recommendations and develop revised and enhanced reporting through an understanding of the department needs and trends in higher education fundraising
- Work closely with Development leadership to provide data and analytics to support fundraising operations including Annual Fund and Major Giving metrics
- Develop and prepare highly segmented reports and data files; compile, summarize and analyze statistical and other data and develop findings, conclusions, and recommendations
- Set reporting priorities and establish appropriate timelines
- Consult with the Executive Director of Advancement Services to resolve unusual problems or policy concerns
- Represent and act for the Executive Director as directed
- Coordinate, recommend, and implement alternative procedures and system enhancements to improve performance and systems functionality
- Design of custom reports and queries
- Assist in the maintenance of constituent records in Raiser's Edge
- Engage with internal Advancement staff to support targeted fundraising events
- Co-Develop and manage internal policies and procedures to ensure an acceptable level of data integrity and reporting protocol
- In conjunction with the Director of Advancement Services and the Assistant Director of Advancement Services - Data Integration and Integrity, the incumbent will ensure and maintain the highest standard of data integrity for constituent records including trace lost alumni, and ensure email addresses are obtained, job titles are accurate, and that coding is accurate. This will be accomplished by the development and monitoring of performance measures, benchmarks and performance targets.
- Monitors and researches policies on efficiency and compliance with records retention policies, corporate classification schemes, privacy legislation, and security and access policies and reports findings to the Executive Director of Advancement Services.
- Conduct work flow and business process analyses, write specifications, procedures, prepare system documentation and design and deliver training, and end-user support.
- Works with peers to co-ordinate the activities of interrelated work groups, i.e., Research, Gift Processing, Alumni Relations, etc. for the purpose of updating and maintaining records.
- Reviews reports generated from the Development Information System (Raiser's Edge) for clarity and adherence to reporting standards, completeness and accuracy. Also prepares analytical and statistical material for internal and external use.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 3 or more years of experience in a fundraising/development environment with an emphasis on background in higher education preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience with Crystal Reports or similar custom reporting platforms
- Experience with Raiser's Edge Legacy and Raisers Edge NXT platforms is preferable
- Knowledge of data integrity policies and procedures
- Computer literacy including proficiency in superior knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong organization and analytic skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
*Resum review will begin in January 2018.
When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION