Montclair State is New Jersey's second largest university. It offers the advantages of a large university - a broad undergraduate curriculum with a global focus, a wide variety of superior graduate programs through the doctoral level, and a diverse faculty and student body - combined with a small college's attention to students.
Posting Date December 8, 2017
Position Title Project Coordinator
Vacancy # V-1170
Department Academic Affairs
Division Academic Affairs
The project coordinator will oversee the day-to-day activities and coordination of a large federal grant project for full-service community schools in Orange, NJ to ensure the successful implementation of its mission and goals. The project coordinator will serve as the liaison between the service-learning and community engagement program at Montclair State University and Orange Public Schools, community-based organizations, faculty, staff, and students. In addition, the project coordinator will coordinate and implement all aspects of a national service program that strengthens and enhances the overall objectives of the full-service community schools.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and manage AmeriCorps program.
- Assist with grant development and grant administration.
- Supervision of AmeriCorps members and oversight in the field.
- Coordinate all aspects of federal grant including development, maintenance, and organization of grant and related files.
- Work directly with the director and assistant director of CCE and collaboratively with faculty from all academic disciplines, staff, students and community partners to foster and develop strong community partnerships.
- Compile, summarize and analyze statistical and other Program data and develop findings, conclusions, and recommendations that support the mission and goals of Program activities.
- Assist with writing internal and external operation and evaluative reports.
- Establish and maintain communications and cooperative working relationships with MSU administrators, faculty, staff, students, student organizations, government and private agencies and or the public in order to accomplish the goals of the Full Service Community School.
- Assures the functioning of all programs (extended learning, school-based health services, specialty services, projects, and events).
- Assures above is carried out within the context of partnership and collaboration.
- Develops, maintains and nurtures relationship with the school administers and staff so as to operationalize the partnership.
- Links service providers to school, students, and families and coordinates the delivery of these services.
- Assists with data collection and program evaluation (student performance and referral data as appropriate and needed).
- Represents school in community meetings and events and convenes school advisory committee meetings to promote effective collaboration with OCS partners.
- Participates in technical assistance activities.
- Identifies, coordinate, and monitors existing school and community resources and recruits as needed.
- Facilitates communication and interaction between service providers and school point people.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred. Two years of experience required in higher education, higher education administration, community-based learning, non-profit administration, student leadership development, or related field. Must possess detailed knowledge of and experience with provisions and guidelines of the New Jersey State Commission and the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS). Experienced knowledge and demonstrated ability to develop and maintain campus community partnerships. Respect for and ability to work with diverse populations. Proven oral, written, and project management skills. Ability to choose priorities among competing demands. Basic proficiency with desktop computing and use of the Web for information gathering and program administration are essential. Availability to work some evening and weekend hours.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to prepare correspondence using Microsoft Office Suite or other contemporary business software applications.
- Ability to assist and/or lead in the planning and administration of projects by developing and recommending goals, policies and procedures that affect the success of the project.
- Ability to effectively manage subordinate staff including developing work operations and performance standards, making performance evaluations and recommending personnel actions.
- Ability to develop, administer and monitor budgets.
- Ability to prepare clear reports and studies that include findings and recommendations.
- Ability to analyze funding opportunities and develop proposals that are consistent with the goals of the SLCE Program and the Full Service Community School project.
- Ability to represent MSU at conferences, seminars or meetings.
- Ability to be proactive when organizing work, solving problems.
Commensurate with experience.
Anticipated Start Date Open until position is filled.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
*When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).*
Apply By Review will begin immediately and continues until position is filled.
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION