Posting Date December 14, 2017
Position Title Program Assistant
Vacancy # VC-390
Division Academic Affairs
*** This position is located in Branchville, NJ 07826 ***
The mission of Montclair State University's School of Conservation is to gather knowledge of Earth systems through research and to communicate this knowledge through education. Our goal is to contribute to the resolution of environmental problems by cultivating environmentally responsible behaviors that will encourage scientists, teachers, students and citizens to promote sustainable practices in their communities.
- The specific goals of the Administrative Unit of the NJ School of Conservation are:
- To ensure compliance with policy and procedure.
- To provide excellent customer service and administrative support for clients, visitors, staff, managers, and officers.
- To facilitate communication of information between NJ School of Conservation and outside departments, agencies, vendors, and clients, as requested or required.
- To maintain essential files, records, and documentation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide excellent customer service.
- To provide excellent administrative support.
- Facilitate personnel actions and issues; maintain essential personnel records and files of a confidential nature;
- Create accurate contracts and invoices for clients.
- Create and maintain client files checking for accuracy in paperwork, signed contracts, etc.
- Experience with FMS and Workday.
- Manage the Trading Post Gift Shop.
- Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college.
* Note: Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute experience on a year for year basis.
* Note: Applicants who possess an Associate's degree may substitute two (2) years of position-related experience for the remaining two (2) years of education.
Commensurate with experience.
Anticipated Start Date Open until position is filled.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Salary Range P16: $41,230.15-$58,006.69
*NOTE: Salaries for internal candidates are determined by the New Jersey Civil Service Commission's formula. Salaries for external candidates are determined up to no more than $46,822.33.
*When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).*
Apply By Review will begin immediately and continues until position is filled.
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION