Posting Date February 14, 2018
Position Title Program Administrator
Vacancy # V-1408
Department College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Division Academic Affairs
*** This is a temporary position ***. Reporting to the Chair of the Department of Counseling and Educational Leadership, the part-time Program Administrator for the Online Educational Leadership Program is responsible for the quality of delivery of the online program. The Administrator reviews applications, supports students' progress through graduation from the program, provides field experience and career guidance, and supports retention of students by ensuring their success in online learning. He or she works closely with the Graduate Program Coordinator (GPC) and Clinical Specialist for the M.A. program in Educational Leadership to ensure consistency and continuity for the online program in relation to other program pathways. The Administrator is evaluated by the department chair in collaboration with the program GPC and Clinical Specialist.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the academic administration of the program including:
- Working with Graduate School and Office of Online Programs to ensure timely follow up during the Admissions process
- Development and implementation of online student orientations for program and internships
- Mentoring of cohorts and individual students
- Providing ongoing student advisement on career and professional issues throughout the program, including coordination of fieldwork and accompanying supervision where appropriate
- Working with Instructional Technology and Design Services (ITDS) and Office of Online Programs to develop and implement an education-specific pre-program experience for those with limited online learning experience (to increase retention)
- Assuming responsibility for retention advising, and serving as a liaison to represent the academic program to administration offices (including the registrar, bursar, financial aid, and summer sessions/special programs) to ensure smooth transitions and articulation
- Performing other relevant duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
Required: Master's degree in Educational Leadership or related field. Experience with online learning technologies and with online teaching. Strong organizational skills. Ability to be self-directed. Strong interpersonal skills.
Preferred: Experience in school/district leadership.
Commensurate with experience.
Anticipated Start Date Open until position is filled.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
*When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).*
Apply By Review will begin immediately and continues until position is filled.
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION