Department Administrative Assistant, Department of Accounting & Finance
Posting Date February 16, 2018
Position Title Department Administrative Assistant, Department of Accounting & Finance
Vacancy # TEMP#021618
Division Academic Affairs
*** This is a temporary positions ***. Department Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for coordinating the support of the Becker CPA Review program by performing the routine professional functions necessary to the program operations and does related work as required.
Schedule: No more than 30 hours per week
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Distribute Becker CPA Review course information.
- Answer related questions about Becker CPA Review program and interact with Becker CPA Review program representative.
- Handle student and visitor inquiries.
- Issue permits for courses as necessary.
- Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Prepare textbook orders each semester.
- Prepare correspondence in the course of official duties.
- Manages requests for travel approval and reimbursement.
- Arranges for conferences and/or seminars, as needed.
- Provide phone coverage, mail management, fax management, photocopying, scanning.
- Maintain all Department administrative files, essential records, and reports in an organized manner.
- Maintain essential departmental records and files.
- Coordinate student and faculty observations each semester.
- Process hiring paperwork (staff, faculty, students).
- Ordering (supplies, catering, work orders, text books, reserve equipment, reserves rooms, etc.).
- Assign and monitor the work of part-time and/or student workers, as well as graduate assistants.
- Disseminate information to potential and current students.
- Expedites and coordinates support services to the program or unit such as maintenance, repair, supplies and mail.
Qualifications & Requirements
Required : At least two years of experience working in an academic office in higher education.
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree
$25 per hour
Anticipated Start Date Open until position is filled.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Please send your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply By Review will begin immediately and continues until position is filled.
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION