Internship Coordinator / Instructor of Finance
This position is a non-tenure track, full-time position. The main duties include serving as Instructor of Finance and working as internship coordinator for finance majors, both in the Department of Finance.
Internship Coordinator Responsibilities:
The Department encourages finance students to obtain internships and makes an effort to help them secure one when possible. The position expects the coordinator to actively reach out to employers, creating internship opportunities. As a faculty member, the internship coordinator will supervise students conducting the credit-bearing internships, which may occur during regular fall and spring semesters and summer terms.
Specifically, duties pertaining to internships include the following:
• Qualify applicants according to their classification, earned hours, grade point average, academic standing, and any pre-requisite classes. Meet one-on-one with each internship applicant to review course syllabus and expectations.
• Process learning contract and Individual Enrollment Form and submit to Registrar with the learning contract and syllabus.
• Coordinate and administer job evaluations and employer surveys with host companies to be used by Instructor in final student grading and accreditation work.
• Develop and maintain relationships with internship providers/corporate partners. Participate in School of Business internship information sessions, conduct one-on-one meetings to educate businesses on the internship process, and work to grow the department's list of available internships.
• Promote internship openings to Finance students.
• Coordinate with the School of Business Student Success Center to refer students for resume, cover letter, and interview assistance so that each student best represents themselves, the School of Business and the College of Charleston to potential internship employers.
• Maintain updated information on the department's internship website page.
• Manage the collection of data on department internships for annual and accreditation reporting.
• Others as assigned by the department chair.
Instructor / Teaching Responsibilities:
The teaching load for an instructor position at the College of Charleston is typically four (4) courses per semester (for a total of 12 credit hours). Dependent on internship program development needs and internship enrollments, up to one course a semester could be fulfilled with internship responsibilities. Remaining instruction would be traditional courses within the curriculum, with all specialty areas considered and specific teaching assignments made based upon the qualifications of the instructor and the needs of the Department.
• Earned Master's Degree or higher in Finance or related field
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in finance or related field
• Strong oral and written communication, presentation and public speaking, strategic planning and decision-making, and problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated, detailed-oriented, organized, and adaptive
• Knowledge of internet resources, e.g., social media, content management systems ( CMS ) and learning management systems ( LMS ), and experience with databases and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Well-connected professionally; capable of placing finance majors is a plus
• Hold a designation such as CFA , CFP , CMA , CPA , or other
• Prior college and/or university teaching experience in Finance
• Ability to teach in multiple areas of the discipline, ideally including specialty areas such as derivatives, fixed income investing, or banking
• Proven ability to work effectively with administration, faculty, staff, students, employers, and community organizations
Position Type Instructor
School/Area School of Business
Special Instructions to Applicants
Interested applicants should submit:
1) a letter of application
3) evidence of teaching effectiveness (optional)
4) unofficial graduate transcripts (official transcripts required upon appointment)
5) contact information for three references who will be asked to submit letters of recommendation online by June 30, 2018.
Initial interviews will be conducted by phone or Skype.
For questions, please contact Dr. Weishen Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting Date 03/12/2018
Open Until Filled? Yes
Posting Number F2016100P
The College of Charleston is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or disability.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.cofc.edu/postings/7068
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter / Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Graduate Transcripts
- Teaching Philosophy
- Research and Professional Development Statement
- Sample Publication 1
- Sample Publication 2
- Sample Publication 3
- Student Course-Instructor Reviews
- Other Document
- Writing Sample