Sponsored Student Coordinator
Logo Posting Number STA00584PO17 Classification Title Student Services Program Coordinator II Internal Title Sponsored Student Coordinator Campus Columbia 01 College/Division Division of Academic Affairs and Provost Department International Programs for Students Band 5 Advertised Minimum Salary $32,838 Advertised Salary Range $32,838 Location of Vacancy Part/Full Time Full Time Hours per week 37.5 Work Schedule
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.Type of Staff Position Full-time Equivalent (FTE) Basis 12 months Job Search Category Administrative
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state's flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 "Best Colleges" according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state's educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.
Advertised Job Summary
International Student Services provides immigration and advising support to the international student population of the University and offers a variety of programs for the campus community. The Sponsored Student Coordinator is a position with unique outreach functions to prospective, newly admitted and current sponsored international students, assisting with information required for visa processing for entry to the U.S., enrollment at the University, immigration advising to current students, protocol and procedure for students in crisis, and sponsored student dependents support This person is a key communicator with sponsored students, working extensively with academic departments and offices as well as direct coordination with University Sponsor Partners including facilitating business and financial processes, student services, and scholarship processing and relationship maintenance. The ideal candidate will have facility in working with diverse cultures and will enjoy applying detailed attention and organization to the task of data management and reporting.Minimum Qualifications (Classified and Unclassified positions)
Masters degree in Student Services or related field, or bachelor's degree and 2 years related experience.Preferred Qualifications
-Experience and/or familiarity working with the J-1 Exchange Visitor's program, or related immigration programs for non-immigrant based visa.
- Strong communication skills (listening, speaking, writing) and problem-solving abilities to work with diverse faculty/staff clientele and diverse international student population of a predominantly non-native English speaking population.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in checking completed work.
- Ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
- Sensitivity to the diverse traditions, perspectives, and concerns of international students.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Licensed driver with an acceptable driving record and successful completion of a training course in operation of a 15-passenger van.
- Previous knowledge of USC computer systems is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Fluency in MS Word; working knowledge of Excel and other Office software applications
- Strong communication skills (listening, speaking, writing) and problem-solving abilities to work with diverse faculty/staff clientele and international student population of a predominantly non-native English speaking population; sensitivity to the diverse traditions, perspectives, and concerns of international students
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and thoroughness in checking completed work
- Approachable work demeanor; team-oriented attitude
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies 1 Desired Start Date 01/02/2018 If Research Grant/Time Limited, give end date Job Open Date 12/07/2017 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant Quicklink for Posting http://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/22811 EEO Statement
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, protected veteran status or genetics.
Hazardous weather category Non-Essential Safety Sensitive or Security Sensitive No
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have at least a Masters degree in Student Services or related field, or bachelor's degree and 2 years related experience?
- Cover Letter
- List of References and Contact Information