Manager Student Affairs
Logo Posting Number STA00233PO18 Classification Title Student Services Manager I Internal Title Manager Student Affairs Campus School of Medicine Greenville 07 College/Division School of Medicine Greenville Department School of Medicine - Greenville Band 6 Advertised Minimum Salary $44,056 Advertised Salary Range $44,056 Location of Vacancy Greenville Part/Full Time Full Time Hours per week 37.5 Work Schedule
Your work hours will be determined in consultation with your supervisor and are based on the operating hours of the USCSOM Greenville being between 7:00 AM to 5PMType of Staff Position Full-time Equivalent (FTE) Basis 12 months Job Search Category Administrative
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state's flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 "Best Colleges" according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state's educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.
Advertised Job Summary
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Student Affairs and Admissions, the Manager of Student Affairs oversees the day to day activities and personnel in Student Affairs. This person is responsible for developing and implementing policies, procedures and programs which address student well-being and success at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville (USCSOMG)
• Trains, supervises and evaluates personnel in the Office of Student Affairs
• Assists in establishing and reviewing policies and procedures to ensure conformance with state, federal, LCME and institutional guidelines.
• Designs, develops and administers policies, procedures and programs for the Office of Student Affairs in conjunction with relevant policies of the Greenville Health System (GHS) and the University of South Carolina (USC) to ensure guidelines are aligned and abided by.
• Establishes and manages process and procedures, for the Office of Student Affairs, to provide students with the necessary support to upload and prepare all required application materials for residency placement. This includes implementation, training and oversight of students, academic advisors and career counselors staff in the proper use of the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and the and the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
• Creates and maintains the budget for the Office of Student Affairs and advises student government and organizations on matters related to student funds.
• Plans, writes, edits, publishes and updates policies, procedures and services available to students, academic advisors, career counselors and staff; maintains and updates the Student Handbook.
• Gathers, updates and provides information related to programs, policies and procedures for LCME accreditation documents and site visits.
• Coordinates data processing procedures related to assigned student services program area(s) including the implementation and maintenance of student information systems including Banner, OASIS and Canvas.
• Assists in establishing and supporting diversity and inclusion initiatives for the Office of Student Affairs and serves as a liaison for similar initiatives at GHS, USC and the community.
• Serves as liaison between students and the general public, parents and alumni.
• Provides counseling to students and groups on a variety of personal, social, career and academic concerns, programs and resources.
• Advises other administrators on matters relating to student affairs programs, policies and procedures.
• Advises student organizations concerning program development, implementation and maintenance
• Plans, maintains and supervises all activities related to career advising, including recruitment and training of advisors, counseling students and planning workshops related to career choice and residency match.
• Plans, implements and oversees student events such as orientation, white coat ceremony, spring preview, match and commencement.
Masters degree in Student Services or related field and 3 years related experience, or bachelor's degree and 5 years related
Experience with State Agency and/or University administration, procedures and policies. Experience with Higher Education Student Affairs. Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook and database managementKnowledge/Skills/Abilities
Knowledge of the basic principles and theories of student development and educational administration. Knowledge of the policies and procedures affecting the assigned program area(s). Knowledge of public relations and facility management. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, faculty, staff and the general public. Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks. Ability to work in an independent, cooperative and effective manner. Ability to identify, develop and implement programs and activities that will benefit the USCSOM Greenville community.
Ability to provide supportive counseling for a wide range of student academic and personal problems and concerns. Ability to supervise, train and evaluate personnel. Demonstrates commitment to advancing the mission/vision/guiding principles of USCSOM Greenville/GHS in setting priorities and conducting work. Demonstrates a commitment to teamwork, self-awareness, professionalism, open/transparent, professional communication, and servant/conscious leadership. Proactively seeks opportunities to apply her/his training, experience, knowledge, and skills as appropriate to meet emerging institutional needs. Communicates respect for others in the work environment, and contributes to the development of a welcoming environment and positive institutional culture.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies Desired Start Date If Research Grant/Time Limited, give end date Job Open Date 02/15/2018 Job Close Date Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicant
Positions are advertised for a minimum of five (5) business days on our job website. After five (5) business days, positions can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.Quicklink for Posting http://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/26439 EEO Statement
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, protected veteran status or genetics.
Hazardous weather category Non-Essential Safety Sensitive or Security Sensitive No
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have a Masters degree in Student Services or related field and 3 years related experience OR a bachelor's degree and 5 years related experience?
- Cover Letter
- List of References and Contact Information
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3