Salary: $44,200 - $87,200
Title: Executive Assistant
Department: SOM - Dean's Office
Date Posted: 02/27/2018
Position Information: As Executive Assistant to the Administrative Operations Manager, Dean of the SOM and Assistant Dean of Strategic Initiatives (Principals) in the School of Medicine (SOM), provides executive level coordination and support to designated individuals, and when needed other high-level management and staff in the Dean's Office. Provides executive level programmatic and administrative support on a wide range of issues, projects, programs, and on matters of importance to the School of Medicine. Represent the SOM in a professional manner, exercising sound judgment, tact, and the utmost discretion. Have thorough understanding of the priorities and expectations of senior leadership and take these into account in coordinating schedules. Manage calendars, assuring the designated individuals are scheduled appropriately, fully briefed and have all relevant background materials for each engagement. Manage all aspects of the designated individual's business. Strategize and advise in university communications, meetings/travel schedules, campus and community events, etc. regarding the leader's role as it applies to each situation. This includes travel prep, briefings, follow-up and timely reimbursement. Staff relevant SOM committees and work groups: develop and distribute agendas, attend meetings, record highlights, track action items and initiate follow-up as necessary. Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems for easy retrieval. Initiate policies and procedures within the office to achieve maximum efficiency.
Minimum Requirements: Solid communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
Demonstrated ability to determine and locate relevant and reliable sources for the collection of information and data.
Solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
Ability to remain flexible at all times with changing priorities and last minute changes.
Preferred Qualifications: Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of academic and administrative structure of UCR.
Working knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview