Human Resources Coordinator
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Human Resources Coordinator
Human Resources - 7010310
Business & Finance
Cover Letter, Resume
The Office of Human Resources is seeking a dynamic individual to join the team as a Human Resources Coordinator. Reporting directly to the Associate Vice President of Human Resources this position will often serve as the first line of contact for employee requests therefore, positive customer service focus is a must. The HR Coordinator will provide general administrative support to the AVP of HR. Additionally this position will cross train to help assist as needed with responsibilities in a variety of additional areas of HR. The incumbent in this position will interact regularly with various levels of students, faculty staff, candidates, and external resources on behalf of GGC. The core of this position requires a person who can multitask, in a high energy fast paced environment with a smile!
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with HR onboarding process including program preparation, new hire packets and event planning, etc.
- Assist AVP with general budget management including tracking of expenditures for the department and monthly reconciliation
- Manage all department inventory supply and travel on behalf of the department. Ensure appropriate compliance with policy and budgetary guidelines
- Support onboarding and compliance related to student employment including verification of background clearance, I-9 verification and e-verify completion
- Provides administrative support for faculty and staff contracts as needed
- Provide general assistance with personnel file management including maintenance, creation, and filing; including periodic archiving of older inactive files in accordance with records keeping regulations
- Assist with employee relations and communications initiatives as requested
- Answer the phones and direct callers to appropriate departmental/college resources
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Ensure the HR Receptionist area is attended to and all visitors or employees are greeted
- Perform routine internal audits to ensure accuracy and compliance with policy and applicable laws and regulations (i.e., departmental records, personnel files, etc.)
- Assist in the enforcement of compliance with employment policies, laws and regulations
- Assist with processing of terminations including accurate and timely separation letters, offboarding packets, and exit interview scheduling
- Assist with new hires, data changes and terminations in HRIS as needed; Serving as backup to HR Assistant
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- 4 Year / Bachelor's Degree
2 or more years previous experience in an HR support role required
Excellent verbal and written communication skills is essential
Highly organized with excellent time management skills
Must maintain extreme confidentiality of employee and institutional records
High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel
- PeopleSoft experience
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Position requires individual to maintain a purchasing card, therefore successful completion of a credit report is a condition of employment. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Lifting - up to 10 pounds
Repetitive hand motion (such as typing)