Part-Time Athletics Ticket Manager
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Part-Time Athletics Ticket Manager
Athletics Administration - 6510950
Business & Finance
Cover Letter, Resume
The Georgia Gwinnett College Office of Athletics seeks a Part-Time Athletics Ticket Manager. The position will report to the Assistant Athletics Director for Business Services and will oversee all aspects of the ticket office.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the day-to-day ticket office operations, as well as the sale and distribution of tickets to all home events at the Grizzly Athletics Complex.
- Responsible for maintaining fiscally sound records and internal controls for ticket office including event/game audits, reconciliation and deposits following each event.
- Ensure all transactions maintain compliance as mandated by the college.
- Serve in a customer service role to promote GGC and its Office of Athletics and resolve customer issues while delivering excellent, timely customer service at the ticket office and home events.
- Administer game day ticket operations at all soccer, softball and baseball events.
- Oversee season ticket process for all ticketed sports.
- Assist the Grizzly Club in implementation of socials and special events.
- Assist with coordination of hiring, training and assigning work to student staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned
SALARY: Hourly rate commensurate with education and experience.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- Public relations skills
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Planning/organizational skills
- Event management skills
- Ability to initiate and maintain professional relationships
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of people
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends). This is a part-time position up to 19 hours per week.