Contract Oversight Representative
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Contract Oversight Representative
Office of Business & Finance - 7010120
Business & Finance
Cover Letter, Resume
The Contract Oversight Representative conducts in-person inspections throughout the campus to determine the level of quality provided by the contracted services engaged by the College.
- Inspect the quality of services provided by, but not limited to, the following vending services: custodial, grounds maintenance, building maintenance, office moves, event set ups, HVAC, generators, painting, roofing, lighting, and others, as applicable
- Perform ongoing site visits to ensure quality of service is maintained and vendor deliverables are met
- Document inspection results and summarize inspection data. Communicate the results to the Facilities department and Business & Finance leadership to ensure any warranted corrective action is taken
- Approve invoices, as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Commensurate with education and experience with excellent benefits.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least five years of previous related work experience (e.g. facilities inspector, contractor of varying services, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of all areas of building maintenance, including HVAC and generators
- State of Georgia HVAC or Electrical license
- Experience with computer software
- Previous invoice processing experience
- Knowledge of vendor service standards
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of HVAC construction and repair
- Knowledge of general contracting protocols, jargon and processes
- Ability to work in all weather types, to include but not limited to: extreme hot and cold temperatures, rain, snow, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of invoice processing
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to perform independent work with minimal supervision
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends).