Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.?
Health & Wellness - 9013101
Cover Letter, Other, Resume
The Medical Assistant is responsible for back office duties that include, but is not limited to taking vital signs, assisting the medical provider with procedures, communicating with patients and escorting them to exam rooms, cataloging and forecasting supplies, filing confidential medical records and other duties as assigned. Responsible for some front office responsibilities, including patient scheduling and triaging phone calls. Also responsible for processing and filing all incoming immunization records and updating online student accounts to reflect met and unmet requirements.
- Record patient history and personal information • Measure vital signs, such as blood pressure
- Help the Nurse Practitioner or Physician with patient examinations/procedures
- Prepare blood and urine samples for laboratory tests
- Enter patient information into medical records
- Keep exam rooms stocked with medical supplies and necessary instruments
- Monitor supply stocks for upcoming expiration or reordering needs
- Log, track, and file incoming immunization records
- Update BANNER accounts with immunization status
- Add and remove "holds" in BANNER relating to immunization record status
- Fulfill records requests regarding immunization documentation, using records request process
- Perform other duties, as assigned
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- High School or GED
- Must have current Medical Assistant certification
- Must maintain annual certification requirements
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as Medical Assistant in an office or hospital environment
- Excellent patient communication skills and a history of exceptional customer service
- Candidate must have proficiency in HIPPA practices and experience with confidentiality
- Experience with medical data processing is beneficial
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Reaching overhead
- Lifting - up to 20 pounds
- Hearing, listening
- Repetitive hand motion (such as typing)