Clerk VI-Student Central (two positions)
Category: Classified Staff
Department: Student Central
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Feb 27, '18
Ref No.: CLA
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Recently re-certified as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream, BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers more than 100 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than 50 percent are women.
We are looking for individuals aligned with our institutional values of access and success, excellence and innovation, economic and social justice, inclusiveness and equity, civic engagement and service, kindness and respect, and accountability and transparency. Individuals with a dedication to a dynamic educational environment, investment in the social and economic well-being of all, and belief in student-centered learning in an engaging, supportive environment are sought to fill the following position.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
BHCC is looking for staff committed to student success to work in our new BHCC Student Central department that will integrate services related to financial aid, student payment, registration and academic records. Student Central is both a centralized physical locations and a virtual hub where students can access information, resources and services.
- Represents Student Central and is responsible for providing quality services to students, alumni, faculty and staff.
- Responsibilities include:
- Work in the Student Central assisting students with all enrollment related processes
- Maintain and update student records
- Process documents, registrations, invoices, payments, tax returns and financial aid related documents
- Accept and prepare correspondence, forms, files and reports for processing, electronic storage or forwarding
- Operate standard office machines and equipment; issue ID cards
- Explain financial aid eligibility, awards and regulations
- Answer student, alumni, staff, and faculty questions and provide information in-person, over the phone and via email
- Assist with the compilation of statistical information to be included in departmental reporting
- Supervise student workers as needed
- Assist students with completion of paper and electronic forms and navigation of virtual systems
- Comply with FERPA and privacy regulations
- At least four years of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in office work or any equivalent combination of the required experience.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to use proper grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Ability to work accurately with names, numbers, codes and/or symbols and maintain accurate records
- Ability to type and use a computer and other standard office equipment
- Able to communicate effectively in oral expression and deal tactfully with others
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Bachelor's Degree
Shift: Monday-Friday, 9:30a.m.-5:30p.m.
Closing Date: March 15, 2018
Submit Cover Letter and Resume Addressing the Required Qualifications to: https://bhcc.interviewexchange.com. Fax transcript files over 2 MB to (617)-228-3328.