Visiting Assistant Professor of Graphic Design
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
We seek talented faculty who are passionate about teaching and learning. As a private institution, Aurora University expects faculty to be involved in the lives of students through mentoring, student support, enrollment initiatives, and other activities related to the college experience. To facilitate this highly interactive faculty/student relationship, the typical teaching load is three 4 credit-hour courses per semester and student advising is supported by professional staff. Evidence of successful teaching, or a strong potential for successful teaching, is required for all positions. Undergraduate faculty share in the delivery of the general education program, most often by teaching within the university's interdisciplinary core.
Social Work: Tenure or Clinical Track Assistant Professor / Director of Graduate Studies in the School of Social Work
(Applications submitted by 23 March 2018 will receive full consideration)
The Director of Graduate Studies in the School of Social Work administers the graduate social work program under the guidance of the Dean of the School of Social Work. This is a 50% workload release position. The Director of Graduate Studies in the School of Social Work teaches 12 semester hours each academic year.
- Administer traditional and transfer MSW program at Aurora campus; under the guidance of the Dean
- Review disposition forms and conduct student reviews as needed
- Process grade appeals and special petitions
- Recruit, maintain and monitor MSW enrollment
- Conduct MSW orientation sessions
- Make program policies available to MSW students through a current MSW manual
- Maintain curricular documents related to MSW program (catalog, manual, handbook, website, brochures)
- Mobilize university-wide education/program support services (library, audio-visual, computer, counseling, learning center services, etc.) that can enhance the overall program
- Oversees recruitment efforts for the MSW program; works with Admissions Office
- Maintain effective administrative relationships with central institutional, administrative, advisement, admissions, and registrar officers
- Monitor changes in the key environments (college, university, CSWE, NASW, BDP, Illinois Deans and Directors Association) that affect MSW Program
- Participate in the MSW budget review process with the Dean of the School of Social Work
- Maintain current membership in and participate in CSWE
Candidates for this position must hold MSW from a CSWE accredited institution. Ph.D. in social work or related discipline preferred. Previous experience working in an academic setting. Excellent interpersonal skills and good communication skills; listening, speaking, and writing. Knowledge of computer applications including: word processing, spreadsheet, and database capabilities. Ability to work efficient and effectively with a diverse student population. In addition to teaching, the assignment will include curricular development, program assessment, student advising, and engagement in institutional service and professional scholarship.
All faculty positions offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission included for benefit-eligible positions. Applications must include a letter of intent including description of education, certifications held, and all relevant experience, current curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references including phone numbers (candidates will be notified prior to references being contacted). Electronic applications welcomed. More information can be found at aurora.edu/facultyjobs.
Please submit application materials as follows:
Faculty Search, Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs
347 S. Gladstone Ave.
Aurora, IL 60506
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.