Director of Vocation Programming
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Director of Vocation Programming will be a key member of the Wackerlin Center for Faith and Action, and will support the center's mission by leading student-focused programming around vocational discernment, will help coordinate and implement leadership development activities, and will build strong experiential-based programs across all campuses to help our students discover what matters.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create, develop, and lead new co-curricular vocational discernment programs, including a new vocational speaker series and campus-wide alternative break trip programs.
- Create, develop, and lead campus-wide programming that integrates vocational themes into Aurora University's institutional culture.
- Support the implementation of the First-Year Experience (FYE) program, as well as teach a section of this course annually.
- Support the development and implementation of a four-year, curricular vocation program for undergraduate students, in partnership with Academic Affairs.
- Support the development and implementation of student leadership programming, including the LEAD program and new athletic leadership council.
- Coordinate and oversee the marketing, advertising, and promotion of all vocational and leadership programming.
- Collect, track, and report student involvement and success outcomes.
- Support the mission and general programming of the Wackerlin Center.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Master's degree required from an accredited institution -preferably in humanities (ex: leadership, religion, philosophy, sociology, psychology, literature, etc.) or a related field.
- Four years working in a higher education setting, along with direct experience developing, creating, and/or leading vocational discernment programs preferred.
- Experience teaching in general education and/or first-year experience programs preferred.
- Knowledge and familiarity designing experiential learning activities preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with diverse populations of students, faculty and staff.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible in response to changing priorities.
- Strategic thinking with the ability to identify and to solve problems.
- Excellent computer skills, to include Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Ability to move about campus, spend long periods of time at a computer station, and stand for extended periods of time.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.