Graduate Assistant - Women's Hockey
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: Aurora University, a NCAA Division III institution and member of the Northern Collegiate Hockey Association (NCHA), seeks applications for a graduate student assistant coach position with the women’s hockey program. Successful candidate must pursue a graduate degree while serving as a graduate assistant. The graduate assistant includes a tuition waiver and a stipend. Appointment date: mid to late August, 2017. For more information regarding admission to a graduate program at Aurora University: http://www.aurora.edu/admission/graduate/index.html. For additional information please call or email: Grant Kimball, Head Coach for Women’s Hockey, at 802-578-2214 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coaching responsibilities will be assigned by the head coach and include but may not be limited to: coaching and instruction, practice and game preparation, recruiting, video breakdown, marketing, academic monitoring, and coordinating volunteer and community events.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Collegiate playing experience preferred
- Valid driver's license and driving record which meets institutional requirements is required.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.