Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
The Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences at the University of Kentucky, College of Medicine is seeking a board certified Ophthalmologist with experience in the subspecialty of Pediatric Ophthalmology to meet the medical and academic needs of the department. The successful candidate will join a group of physicians that are committed to excellence in clinical care, instruction, scholarly activity and professional development in a robust and growing practice across eastern and southeastern Kentucky.
The primary responsibility of the individual in this position is to enhance the clinical practice of the Department of Ophthalmology. This person will be responsible for providing direct patient care, serving as an attending physician, and supervise residents and students assigned to the Ophthalmology department. The individual in this position is expected to provide, develop and maintain clinical services as well as develop academic pursuits in General Ophthalmology.
Please include an updated CV when applying to this position. Applications will be reviewed immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
7H854:OPHTHALMOLOGY & VISUAL SCIENCE
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Required Related Experience
Completed Ophthalmology residency and fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Board certified in Ophthalmology, Kentucky medical license
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Open Untill Filled
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter